I had a iphone and I knew it would not be as good as the iphone, but I'm thinking of going back to my 3yr old treo it works so much better. First what is that thing that blackberry is calling a browser it works 50% of time wish they would of said that in the spec's and forget about browser to gps or map functions that never works right thank god sprint gives you the nav app because Mr. blackberry is lost. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but will the sms app put my sms's into conversation? instead of having 40 sms from the same person. I nwitch back to sprint for price point a features I thought this would be the best phone I never thought blackberry software would be so bad some one at rim should steal a 3yr old palm treo 700p and copy it to make the best blackberry every that way they will only be 3 yrs behind. PS whats the deal with email 50% of my email is formatted wrong where everything is on top of each other. Well if anyone thinks I'm wrong I will sell them my blackberry with 2 batteries 3 charges and 3 cases cheap it's only 1month old
    08-27-09 09:09 PM
    It's not an iphone with regards to fun usability.. But overall I think it does a lot more. Conversation sms and a webkit browser are coming. You can wait, or you can't.. No one will hold it against you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 09:16 PM
    So it's not me the SMS and Browser are outdated but how could a modern phone not have this stuff and there email program leaves alot out as well. Maybe this was the wrong phone for me I need things to work .I look at phone as a tool, this is a bad one.
    Last edited by rappugliese; 08-27-09 at 09:25 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
    08-27-09 09:22 PM
    Sorry you hate your Tour dude...

It's not an iphone with regards to fun usability.. But overall I think it does a lot more. Conversation sms and a webkit browser are coming. You can wait, or you can't.. No one will hold it against you.

GO BLUE!!!!
    08-27-09 09:26 PM
    So it's not me the SMS and Browser are outdated but how could a modern phone not have this stuff and there email program leaves alot out as well. Maybe this was the wrong phone for me I need things to work .I look at phone as a tool, this is a bad one.
    sms and browser are outdated yes. But if you claim you look at a phone as a tool BB's are at the top of the heap.

Its a phenominal tool.

08-27-09 09:30 PM
    maybe you got one of those bad batches that every one has been talking about.
    um I believe the Tour is a tool...isnt it the Iphone that is referred to as a toy?
    Last edited by yurtletheturtle; 08-27-09 at 09:37 PM.
    Iphones are for the kids, blackberrys are a work horse.

the OP just doesnt know how to use his blackberry
    08-27-09 09:33 PM
    Well the phone has everything to be a good tool but the software is limited none of the apps work together well gps browser maps like I said my three yr old phone does it better with better sms and email app to boot
    08-27-09 09:34 PM
    Why do people freak out about this stuff so much? Threaded sms will be nice when it comes out on the new OS but I don't hate the current system, I think it is more than bare able. Furthermore, if you had an iphone and the browser was so important why did you switch? It is common knowledge that Safari on iphone is second to none. But again, tour browser is so much better than my old browser on my curve I love it. I hardly do much on phone browsers anyway because it is tedious whether it's Safari on the iphone or the bb browser.

I used an old Treo for a few weeks a year or so ago and that thing was a piece of junk. Palm never fixed any of the major OS or hardware flaws ever. They simply released new devices and never looked back. That made me angry and that's why I didn't go with the Pre no matter how shiny and neat it looked.

Last edited by mrtimro; 08-27-09 at 09:38 PM.
    08-27-09 09:35 PM
    So it's not me the SMS and Browser are outdated but how could a modern phone not have this stuff and there email program leaves alot out as well. Maybe this was the wrong phone for me I need things to work .I look a phone as a tool this is a bad one.
    I don't know about you, but before any large purchases, I like to do things like research a product first, before buying it. If you did, you would have known that this blackberry doesn't have threaded SMS, but again I'm usually just more careful. I don't know about the browser, but I had a 755p and the browser was one of the worst browsers in my opinion, it was slow even though I had perfect signal, it rendered pages slow, and it didn't load a lot of websites because it didn't support it, but I still liked the 755p. The browser on my tour works great. Yes it is missing a few things, but for me its more than enough, the browser works 99% of the time for me. Maybe you are in bad coverage or roaming? Check your signal when browsing, see if its low signal or not having 1XEV. You bash on a product without research, or proof, or even valid reasons, but maybe this phone is just not for you.
    08-27-09 09:35 PM
    I got rid of the iphone after 6months because it was a toy and had a dead battery . BTW that toy out preformed this thing hands down.
    Last edited by rappugliese; 08-27-09 at 09:50 PM.
    08-27-09 09:36 PM
    if it out performed it....you would still have it....not? or at least got another? I hear the troll bell ringing.
    08-27-09 09:40 PM
    Your right I should of researched the product better But I was going on a trip and I just thought this phone would have had been up to date with whats on the market with it being the newest blackberry I thought it would have up to date tech threaded sms and good email apps have been around for years I was in shock when I fist used this unit. I bought it throught lets talk and the first one was broken did not work out of the box sprint replaced it and because sprint replaced it lets talk will not take it back even thought it's only 3 weeks old so I'm stuck with it.
    08-27-09 09:43 PM
    I hate when Newbies come on here like this when they have no idea what a blackberry is and then come on here and complain about it and not even know how to use one
    08-27-09 09:43 PM

GO BLUE!!!!
    Yessir.. Ann Arbor is coming back to life as we speak. It's great to be a Michigan Wolverine.

And the iphone isn't a kiddie phone.. It's an amazing device from a UI perspective, a place that BB is slowly catching up. I don't have an iphone because the plans are overpriced. If I could pick and choose BB and iphone features and combine them, I'd have my perfect phone.

08-27-09 09:44 PM
    The whole reason I switched was to be able to carry xtra batteries
    08-27-09 09:44 PM
    If I'm using the browser and sms and email wrong please help but blackberry has told me there all software issues
    08-27-09 09:46 PM
    If I'm using the browser and sms and email wrong please help but blackberry has told me there all software issues
    if you really even do have a blackberry which I'm even doubting at this point, i think ur just trolling around here.

first i would say to that you need to learn how a blackberry works. They take quite a bit of time to learn the OS on a blackberry.

e-mail, once again, you do not need an app for that. go to set-up as an icon on your homepage, set up your e-mail, then it makes a box on your homescreen with your e-mail and everytime u get an e-mail its only a push away.

nothing is wrong with the sms your speaking of

nothign is wrong with the browser either, obviously not as fast as the iphones, but you can download an app for another browser which is faster, like Opera Mini or Bolt
    08-27-09 09:50 PM
    I know it has email but it doesn't mirror my inboxes or folders
    08-27-09 09:54 PM
    These r the days of our lives.

08-27-09 09:55 PM
    nothings wrong with sms I get 200 a day from maybe 7 or 8 people OMG every time I open the sms app I want to vomit
    08-27-09 09:56 PM
    Nothing to see here... move on
    08-27-09 09:57 PM
    If you don't think I have a BB tour I will gladly sell it to you as proof
    08-27-09 09:57 PM
    nothings wrong with sms I get 200 a day from maybe 7 or 8 people OMG every time I open the sms app I want to vomit
    the new OS 5.0 that is coming out soon has that threaded SMS you seem to care so much about and once again you would know that if you only went to the homepage of crackberry
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-27-09 at 10:11 PM. Reason: .
    08-27-09 09:58 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD