UPS man brought the Tour today. Have been trying to get it working with Sprint reps, but they are now suggesting that I return it.

Anyone else have issues with data not working?

Mine just shows 1xev.
    07-20-09 03:57 PM
    I pretty much had the same problem when i called in on Friday to activate mine. The regular reps, will only assist with activate the phone that calls can come in and go out...
    Best suggestion is to go to: options-----mobile network ------hit the blackberry key (menu) and choose update profile.
    If this fails, call up support and ask directly for BB support.
    They will have u type some ## followed by number to reset the phone to default setting and one reboot all will be ok. That how my problem was resolved. I had no browser or internet connection after speaking to the first guy who activate the phone.
    Hope ure problem will be take care of..
    07-20-09 04:08 PM
    Data not working is usually a service book problem - log into your BIS website and resend service books from there. Also, head into Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BB Button > Register Now.
    07-20-09 04:13 PM
    Thanks guys, I have done the ## thing three times, also the host table registration. Sprint Blackberry Advanced support suggest I return it, but that appears to be another 5 days of waiting on a phone that was on backorder.
    07-20-09 04:20 PM
    Your with Sprint. That's the problem. Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 04:22 PM
    Did you try a battery pull? It was taking a while for the data to provision so I said f it and did a battery pull. Once it booted it up it provisioned itself and it was all good after that.
    07-20-09 04:29 PM
    I had to do a hrad reset with the blackberry tech support to get mine to fully working.... It sucked too since I had already put all my info on the new phone! But once it was wiped clean it worked no problems.

IMO, call blackberry tech support 1-800-639-6111

They are the best when it comes to BB. And the nice thing they are here in the US!
    07-20-09 04:35 PM

Some people really need to grow up and get a life
    07-20-09 04:36 PM
    I called back to Sprint and got someone with a bit of knowledge on the phone and she was able to get it working, I think she had to delete my NAI and reset my entire account. She got it working so I'm happy now!

Thanks everybody (execpt MissJennell) for the help!
    07-20-09 04:54 PM
    I am a little confused. My Tour has always showed 1XEV, and is actually slower than my 8830 WE, which also had 3G. But I have data connection, albeit a little slow. Is the complaint that your browser connection is too slow, or that it is not working at all?

I never thought that there could be something wrong with my Tour; I just figured it might be the coverage. Is anyone getting 3G? Should I be concerned? I am able to connect, just not as fast as I was accustomed to on the World Edition...
    07-20-09 04:59 PM
    His complaint was that it was 1xev not 1XEV. The lower case means that you are not able to connect to data services or blackberry services. The upper case means you are connected to data services and ready to rock and roll.
    07-20-09 05:23 PM
    His complaint was that it was 1xev not 1XEV. The lower case means that you are not able to connect to data services or blackberry services. The upper case means you are connected to data services and ready to rock and roll.
    Ah, got it. Okay. Thank you.
    07-20-09 05:27 PM

Lol! Nice.
    07-20-09 05:36 PM
    Right on Matt351. Now that everything is working, I'm loving the phone, much better then the Pre that I had.
    07-20-09 07:32 PM
    I had that problem and they had to get my pin for something. Sorry I am new to BB so I have no clue what that was for.

Mine shows 1xev too, is that bad?
    07-20-09 07:53 PM
    I pretty much had the same problem when i called in on Friday to activate mine. The regular reps, will only assist with activate the phone that calls can come in and go out...
    Best suggestion is to go to: options-----mobile network ------hit the blackberry key (menu) and choose update profile.
    If this fails, call up support and ask directly for BB support.
    They will have u type some ## followed by number to reset the phone to default setting and one reboot all will be ok. That how my problem was resolved. I had no browser or internet connection after speaking to the first guy who activate the phone.
    Hope ure problem will be take care of..
    I had the exact same issue, except The online rep could not get voice activated. I took it to the local sprint repair center and got it activated, but realized I had no data. I called BB support Saturday morning and the rep walked me through a hard reset as you described which resolved the issue.
    07-20-09 08:00 PM
    the phones can be activated online as well....
    07-20-09 08:18 PM
    the phones can be activated online as well....
    I activated mine online; took all of 10 minutes; which I didn't think was bad at all.
    07-20-09 08:48 PM
    Another thing that kicks in the data is to go to Manage connections / Mobile Network Options then hit the menu button and choose the diagnostics test.. Should be blank screen... hit menu again and "run" as it goes through the test data gets enabled.. well it has for me when I was activating and it worked for my son's curve when we had to exchange it.
    07-20-09 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD