have a tour. was thinkin bout iphone but goin to wait til the 4G unless rim comes out with something good next month. i have OS 5.0.530 and it really does make a difference. i never use to install leaks and wait til official. but 5.0.530 made my tour twice as fast
    03-18-10 12:58 AM
    Every iphone i have seen has been built very well. Apples quality control is second to none.
    03-18-10 01:08 AM
    Well wont lie that the iphone has a awesome browser.
    03-18-10 03:42 AM
    never used an iphone, so i can't speak about the browser, but i just recently upgrade my tour to a driphter hybrid. compared to the official OS, the driphter browser is pretty fast. i came from a pearl 8130...this tour is off the hook for me.
    Last edited by pcwilliams; 03-18-10 at 08:34 AM.
    03-18-10 08:16 AM
    Agree! I have a driphter hybrid on my tour now and its awesome!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 03:20 PM
    I am sorry that you had so many problems.
    Myself I have never had such problems with Sprint and my Tour is awesome!
    03-18-10 07:26 PM
    Seriously an iPhone? Don't get me wrong, it's one **** of a device...but as far as it being a phone...it's not the greatest. I had the iPhone at one point and I really loved it for all the apps and it's great touchscreen...but that was it lol. My Blackberry is the MOST reliable device I carry on me. For those who have freezing issues...I dunno what to say...maybe you're loading too many 3rd party apps? Since I updated to Sprint's official 5.0 on my Tour..it has been flying fast as **** and I couldn't be happier. I have two blackberries (8530 for work and 9630 for personal line) and I use the **** out of them!

If you want all the great apps and such, get an iPod Touch. You get everything minus the phone and camera (Trust me, Tour takes better pictures than any iPhone and I have tested this out myself).

Apple is great for all of their products but the iPhone is not working for me. Maybe if it were on Sprint or Verizon...things would change because AT&T sucks as far as networks go (say all you want about Sprint but I pay $70 a month and I get everything and free calling to ANY cell phone not just network to network).

So now android may come into the picture....so what? Android wants to be THE competition to the iPhone but it's lacking big time. Yes we all know Google takes up a lot on the internet but it still isn't that great of a phone yet. I love the fact that I can backup my entire Blackberry to one little file. You can't even backup your settings without a 3rd party app on Android! I assign too many ringtones to re-assign again after doing a software update or master reset. "You can have full customization with Android". Who cares? As long as my phone can make phone calls, do BBM, text message, and keep my notes....WHO CARES?! lol Everyone is out for the cool looking device these days but they are NEVER reliable! I honestly believe people with so many Blackberry problems really don't know how to use their device. I have go through the 8830, pearl, curve, and now Tour and I only had to get my Tour replaced because I dropped it down a flight of stairs and the screen was cracked which was clearly my fault. Other than that, no problems with ANY of my Blackberrys.

Whew....I think I'm done venting lmao
    03-19-10 12:04 AM
    I had my Tour since November and survived two problems. The first was the Tour randomly rebooted at times, a wipe fixed it all. Second, was my trackball. It had problems scrolling up, Sprint replaced the trackball (Of course how long before I encounter another trackball issue). As for me, I'll never go to the iPhone (Which is why I use my iPod Touch), if I was to jump ship, it would be an Android phone in which I briefly had the Hero, which I loved the phone but nothing beats RIM E-mail system which was why I stick with Blackberry now lets bring on the Bold 9650.
    03-19-10 01:33 PM
    I have to agree with what the others have said about coverage. AT&T is horrible here and I use my phone for conference calls on a daily basis. When I got my Tour I never really planned to use it for work, but since I have the ability to work from home I ended up using it daily. I can't afford to risk dropped calls (perish the thought they make me work back in the office!)

Sprint has the worst customer care on the planet, but for this city, no carrier can touch their coverage in my experience.
    03-19-10 02:40 PM
    Very, VERY well said! I am in the exact same boat as you. Love Apple and BB equally...but as far as a phone is concerned, BB works best for me, and iPod Touch works best for media.

In many cases the problems that the OP experienced are inherently not going to be on the iPhone. For instance, there's no battery door that can be loose (which also means that you can't change the battery -- ditto with the memory card). And there's no trackball that can stick on the iPhone. And the screen is meant to be touched, so there's no issue with screen ripple.

I haven't had any problems with my Tour and there's no way that I would give it up for the iPhone. That said, that's not to say that there are advantages to each device.

I have the best of both worlds, so to speak. I have a Tour and an iPod Touch. I much prefer the Tour for any business related things like e-mail, calendar/schedule, tasks, etc. Having both devices really shows me how much the Tour stands out in this regard. I also much prefer the trackball and physical keyboard to the touchscreen (I also moved from the Storm to the Tour mainly for this very reason). I type on it quite a bit, and if you make a mistake, try using the touchscreen to try and position the cursor just where you need it to correct your typing. It's a pain in the ***! But the trackball allows me to go exactly where I need to go. I also like the ability to multi-task. Having both the Tour and the iPod Touch really made this stand out as a benefit of the Tour. I never realized how much I used it or depended on it before.

The iPod Touch, however, is better for the media, browser, and apps/games. I have all of my music and videos/movies loaded on my iPod Touch. Although I'd definitely would like the ability to change out the memory card should I need more capacity. I also use the iPod Touch to browse the internet when I have WiFi as I much prefer it to the Tour's browser and other 3rd party browsers like Bolt. I also don't even bother with games on the Tour. The Tour has a much better screen in terms of definition, but the iPod Touch really allows for better games and game play when incorporating the accelerometer.

Basically, for me then, it's the Tour for business and the iPod Touch for play.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 12:18 AM
    i like iclarified.com, iphonehacks.com, modmyi.com, and tysiphonehelp.com Just a few good choices....

And iphone is an amazing phone experience. with all the apps, the amazing screen its all beautiful, I have one also and love it fullly.
    __________________________________________________ _______

am I missing something here?

My Tour screen smokes the screen on my ipod touch and the BB screen is less likely to break when dropped. The iPhone screen is larger though.

FYI the materials (plastic/acrylic?) used for the BB screens pass light better than glass.
    03-20-10 05:01 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD