Well I picked up my new Verizon Tour yesterday and I am going to take the plunge. I started life with a Curve, got the Storm and now I am going to try the Tour. I am one of the few people who have had no problems with my Storm and I am not sure I will be able to tolerate the smaller screen. I hope it will be an even trade, the smaller screen for a physical keyboard.

I hope I love it.......Wish me luck and I will keep you informed.
    07-23-09 11:12 AM
    Well I picked up my new Verizon Tour yesterday and I am going to take the plunge. I started life with a Curve, got the Storm and now I am going to try the Tour. I am one of the few people who have had no problems with my Storm and I am not sure I will be able to tolerate the smaller screen. I hope it will be an even trade, the smaller screen for a physical keyboard.

I hope I love it.......Wish me luck and I will keep you informed.
    I was in the same boat as you. I really had no complaints with my storm. With that said, you dont realize how much faster it is to use the tour than the storm. I'll be interested to find out if you feel the same.
    07-23-09 11:38 AM
    Good choice.

I moved up to this one from the 8830, and the difference is amazing.

One app suggestion I'd make is Wallpaper Changer. Take advantage of the amazing screen quality. you can find hundreds of great wallpapers in the Bold forum. Same resolution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 11:54 AM
    good choice ..enjoy the phone...
    07-23-09 11:57 AM
    I think you'll be happy. Most people who have used BlackBerries before with full QWERTY keyboards tend to not like the Storm but switching back to a full QWERTY should be somewhat painless for you.

I know I hated that screen and click on the Storm which is why I opted to wait for the Tour. I MAY give the Storm2 a try, but not sure.
    07-23-09 11:58 AM
    I was in the same position and I love the Tour! Sold my storm the same day I got the Tour and I don't regret it.
    07-23-09 12:25 PM
    So far so good. It is faster than the Storm and I was able to get on the BES with no issues. I will miss playing Word Mole. I know the Tour has it but it is so much easier with the touch screen. I don't seem to have the trackball problem on the home screen. The one at my local Verizon store was terrible.

It may be just me but the browser seems considerably faster than on the Storm.
    07-23-09 04:38 PM
    Good luck and enjoy the phone. I sure can't wait to get mine. Only a week and three days to go!
    07-23-09 04:48 PM
    The Tour has literally been the best phone I've ever owned.

07-23-09 04:53 PM
    Good choice.

I moved up to this one from the 8830, and the difference is amazing.

One app suggestion I'd make is Wallpaper Changer. Take advantage of the amazing screen quality. you can find hundreds of great wallpapers in the Bold forum. Same resolution.

This is not true. Yes the screen is smaller but imo it is more criso and clear. And the screen is not the same resolution as the bold its the same resolution as the curve 8900. Check out the 8900 wallpaper thread I got over a hundred wallpapers from that thread.

07-23-09 04:54 PM
    This is not true. Yes the screen is smaller but imo it is more criso and clear. And the screen is not the same resolution as the bold its the same resolution as the curve 8900. Check out the 8900 wallpaper thread I got over a hundred wallpapers from that thread.

What is not true? You sound as if I'm in disagreement about the screen clarity...

And yes, my mistake, I meant the 8900, for some reason I was thinking that was the Bold. My bad
    07-23-09 06:29 PM
    welcome, may your tour live long and prosper. =)
    07-23-09 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD