I had 5.0.591 installed and then I downgraded to 4.7.1.40 to try things out,
    but when I wanted to update back to 5.0.591 on DM, it is not letting me update, there is no NEXT button present... it's verizon 9630 unlocked, I changed # on ##000000 setting from verizon number to non-verizon number... is that why it's not working?
    05-27-10 04:20 PM
    can you give a screen shot of DM while this is happenening?
    05-27-10 04:32 PM
    Attachment 63454

Attachment 63455

there you go. it gives me NO option to continue... thanks for the help in advance.
    Last edited by JaeHaChang; 05-27-10 at 08:36 PM.
    05-27-10 08:17 PM
    If you have a PC, try this alternate method to using DM (although I've no clue why you would deliberately try to use that OS):

Open desktop manager and make a backup of your bb (this won't back up your 3rd party apps, use BBSAK for that, plug that into the forum search if you're not familiar with it). Close Desktop Manager when you're done making your backups as you won't need it again until later.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall all the OS's on the computer. (If you haven't ever installed an OS on the computer, this is unnecessary.) Download and install the OS you want to downgrade (or upgrade) to. After making your backups, go to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and delete "vendor.xml" if the file you downloaded is for a different carrier than the one you're on. After making sure you have backed up your phone as mentioned above, I recommend wiping the phone (using jl_cmder, BBSAK, etc), prior to installing the new OS . In the same folder mentioned earlier, click "loader.exe".

When that finishes, your new OS should be loaded. You will have to restore your backups using DM and BBSAK manually if you wiped prior to installing the OS as recommended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 10:30 PM
    I did a wipe using jl_cmder... and now it says RELOAD SOFTWARE : 507, what do I do now?
    05-27-10 11:09 PM
    I figured it all out. thanks.
    05-27-10 11:22 PM
    Glad to hear it worked. . I'll add a note about it in future posts so nobody worries, since that's what it's supposed to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 11:40 PM
    so I was successfully able to update to 5.#.#...
    I did follow the procedure from the forum page below
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    my call/text/browser work... but after I downloaded facebook app or google talk and such. is there any other way to enable connection for non-browser program that uses data?
    05-28-10 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD