I really want a new Droid just because it is "cool" and looks slick etc. My issue is that I can't justify it because my Tour has no issues! It does everything I need it to do and just works! Now that's not exactly flashy but it is worth a lot. Every time I look at a Droid and think about dropping the cash to get it I just can't justify it. The screen is the major draw and the internet seems to be a lot faste and that huge screen is awesome as well. But that just doesn't seem to outway the fact that the Tour just works and does what it is supposed to do.

I've been lucky only had 1 replacement because of the trackball and recently had my first "bricked" issue but fixed quickly and back on track. Guess it's the age old decision "Form over function" I'm saying this tongue in cheek but it is true Tour is a great device.
    12-04-09 03:33 PM
    yep, they say if its not broke dont fix it!
    12-04-09 03:38 PM
    I really want a new Droid just because it is "cool" and looks slick etc. My issue is that I can't justify it because my Tour has no issues! It does everything I need it to do and just works! Now that's not exactly flashy but it is worth a lot. Every time I look at a Droid and think about dropping the cash to get it I just can't justify it. The screen is the major draw and the internet seems to be a lot faste and that huge screen is awesome as well. But that just doesn't seem to outway the fact that the Tour just works and does what it is supposed to do.

I've been lucky only had 1 replacement because of the trackball and recently had my first "bricked" issue but fixed quickly and back on track. Guess it's the age old decision "Form over function" I'm saying this tongue in cheek but it is true Tour is a great device.
    You read my mind.

After having so much trouble/fun with the Storm and hacking it so often, i miss that aspect.

I feel like the Droid will let me continue and hack/mod/adjust everything like I was doing with the Storm.

But bottom line is......the Tour just works. Flat out works.

Took my BB issues and put them in their place. I can now see how they're so reliable and used in Enterprise. They work. plain and simple.

My geek side says get the Droid though...i'm still fighting with myself. At the end of the day, so far, i'm with the OP.
    12-04-09 03:52 PM
    BBs brick too easily, at least in my experience. It was really driven my away from liking them.
    12-04-09 04:03 PM
    BBs brick too easily, at least in my experience. It was really driven my away from liking them.
    mmm. never had it happen to me unless i made a mistake. so, i would have to disagree.

i would say 95% of BB owners aren't updating their own OS's. The small percent that are, our community here, are generally aware of how to do it properly with no problems. Or can be directed to a source to explain how. It's more likely user error when BB's are bricked loading an OS.
    Last edited by Naman919; 12-04-09 at 04:19 PM.
    12-04-09 04:16 PM
    yeah I could never get a Motorola phone. I need a Blackberry. Nothing beats a good old Blackberry
    12-04-09 04:34 PM

What happens if you get the droid and then two months from now, a cooler phone comes on the scene?

Save your money.
    12-04-09 04:53 PM
    I had an 8830 with no problems. Then the HTC Touch Pro came out. 640 x 480 screen, wifi, sweet keyboard, graphics processor. I got one. Great as a mini-computer. Really crappy as a phone. Battery life was horrendous. Switched back to the 8830 after six months of that. Then convinced Sprint to sell me the Tour at the 2 year discount even though I was only 6 months into a 2 year discount. I still have the Touch Pro and play with it from time to time. Heck, I even put Android on it so I could play with that. Sweet little toy. Not so sweet phone. I have a feeling the Droid would be similar. Very flashy and cool, but probably not so hot on the battery and stability.
    12-04-09 05:14 PM
    Honestly, I played with my brother's Droid for a couple hours and I can't get over the Tour keyboard. I can fly typing on it, and the Droid QWERTY is really cramped and kinda flat so it's difficult to type on. I must say the browser/speed impressed me. Seems to load pages a lot quicker than the BB browser, but not too much quicker than Opera which I tend to use most. The Google Maps Navigation is really nice and I really love the syncing capabilities with all the Google apps and such as I use gmail, google docs, calendar a LOT. However, a touch screen phone isn't for me right now especially after typing on a BB keyboard. If messaging is not your priority though, pick up the Droid it's a really awesome device IMO.
    12-04-09 05:18 PM
    Stick with the tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 08:27 PM
    Yeah I think that is one of the major issues that held me back was the keyboard. The Droid keyboard just doesn't cut it. I can see that being an issue. I do like the Tour keyboard.

12-04-09 08:30 PM
    Dont ever think I could not have a bb after having one for so long.
    12-04-09 08:40 PM
    Speaking of "there's always something newer/better/cooler" There is a new Motorola Android unit coming out soon. I read it on Boy Genius Report last night. I would post a link but I don't think I can yet.
    Check it out, it looks pretty decent. If I just bought a Droid I would be pissed if this came out right away. Not me, I am content with my BB right now. Just thought I would share.

12-04-09 08:50 PM
    Speaking of "there's always something newer/better/cooler" There is a new Motorola Android unit coming out soon. I read it on Boy Genius Report last night. I would post a link but I don't think I can yet.
    Check it out, it looks pretty decent. If I just bought a Droid I would be pissed if this came out right away. Not me, I am content with my BB right now. Just thought I would share.

What do you think of my avatar, oh wait, you're looking at the wap site. Nevermind!
    12-04-09 08:56 PM
    I really want a new Droid just because it is "cool" and looks slick etc.
    quit your compulsive consumption
    12-04-09 09:15 PM
    Dont ever think I could not have a bb after having one for so long.
    Word!

12-05-09 12:23 AM
    a co-worker of mine had the droid for 2 days and returned it to get the curve2,i checked it out,and yeah the keyboard is a pain to use and the touch screen was way to sensitive.the biggest reason he returned it was because it doesn't send pictures.he called verizon and they said thats how the phone is,then it started acting up and the texts that were supposed to go to his wife ended up coming to me because i sent him a text earlier in the day.
    12-05-09 04:12 AM
    the texts that were supposed to go to his wife ended up coming to me because i sent him a text earlier in the day.
    Lucky he doesn't have a girlfriend too!

It doesn't send pictures? What?
    12-05-09 04:13 AM
    If you want your pants to sag like your in the hood 24-7 then get the droid because that phone feels like it's ten pounds, after a while you're belt will stretch and you'll need to get a new one but you will be "cool" with the droid.

12-05-09 10:20 AM
    Seriously, when your contract ends, there are going to be plenty of phones cooler than the droid. The tour works plain and simple.

12-05-09 11:23 AM

I've owned a pearl, a bold, an iphone and a droid.

I've only ever kept blackberries. After having my droid for 25 days I came to an astonishing conclusion. It, like the iphone, is a toy and has many "apps" that in theory are great but in practice are bad, IMO. I returned the droid and purchased a the tour.

Advertising placates to the little child in us that wants to have the awesome toy - what they don't tell us is that the novelty wears off quick and you're left with a "cool" device that doesn't really make you feel cool. If you're looking to fill a void, look into spirituality or psychotherapy. No one really cares if you have an iphone or not. Besides, everyone knows that if you have a blackberry then you mean business and are also eligible for a quick pin exchange.

Bottom line - you said it. Your tour does what you need it to do. When the novelty wears off, you need something that can get the job done.

BTW - if you are a crackberry addict (love the keyboard) you'll never accept the droid.
    12-05-09 11:42 AM
    lol

12-05-09 11:55 AM
    If you're a user who uses the internet browser a lot, I'd get the droid, otherwise stay with the berry!
    12-05-09 01:13 PM
    I just returned my Droid within the 30 days. It was not a bad phone, but typing is absolutely horrible on that phone. The touchscreen is not that responsive and the physical keyboard is pretty bad. (although I started to get used to it towards the end). Better phones are on the horizon as well, so if you did not get a launch day Droid, hold out until something better comes along.
    12-05-09 01:41 PM

It doesn't send pictures? What?
    i never thought about that,lol. and yeah,it wouldn't do mms and verizon said thats how it was designed.every once in awhile he would manage to get a pic to send if the pic was sent to him.but like everyone says,you always go back to what works and he's happier with hin new curve2.
    12-05-09 06:04 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD