OK, I am a long to bberry user, just switched from curve to Tour.

I want the Tour to look like the curve. I want one main screen with all icons on that main screen and to be able to hide the icons I don't use.

SO HOW THE HECK DO I DO THIS.

Signed,

FRUSTRATED AS HECK IN TEXAS!
    09-04-09 01:37 PM

I want the Tour to look like the curve. I want one main screen with all icons on that main screen and to be able to hide the icons I don't use.

Signed,

All new OS's have the homescreen with bottom docked app icons . You will need to load up a 3rd party theme to get something like the old 4.5 themes. You can search the tour themes here at CB.

Good Luck!
    09-04-09 01:41 PM
    You would need a custom theme for this, it doesn't come by default...those are hard to find you might want to request it somewhere or search really hard...
    If you want to change the Home Screen from it's default set-up of a row of 6 icons on the bottom, then you're going to have to download a theme that has the look/icon arrangement you're looking for.

I don't have a specific theme to point you to, you'll find a ton of free Tour themes in the Themes Forum. I'd be willing to bet you'll find something that will suit your needs. Good luck and happy hunting.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/
    been answered : )
    09-04-09 01:42 PM
    Change ur theme. The icons can be hidden on the default theme. Most people don't want all the icons that's why its set with that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 01:42 PM

Signed,

if your a long time blackberry user like you said you are, you should know by now how to use a Blackberry
    09-04-09 01:43 PM
    Post what happens when you throw your Tour. Please add pictures too!
    09-04-09 01:43 PM
    you don't need to download a theme.

Press the BB menu button and magically all of your icons will be there.
    09-04-09 01:51 PM
    Yes, but I want them to be there all the time and on all the other bberries I ever had (4 or 5) I had the option to just default all the icons to the home screen and hide what i did not want.

This is freaking ridiculous. I think I am going to just take it back and get another curve.
    09-04-09 02:14 PM
    if your a long time blackberry user like you said you are, you should know by now how to use a Blackberry
    I am and on every other one I have had (two nextel version, the curve, and the 8830) I had the option to default everything on the home screen.

Thanks for the help though smarta**.
    09-04-09 02:15 PM
    Yes, but I want them to be there all the time and on all the other bberries I ever had (4 or 5) I had the option to just default all the icons to the home screen and hide what i did not want.

This is freaking ridiculous. I think I am going to just take it back and get another curve.
    WOW!!! All you have to do is hit the BB button to open up app list. This is really a dealbreaker for you? Nonsense IMO but to each his own. I would rather have better performance than a aesthetic miss
    09-04-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD