Couple of friends have confirmed this happens to them as well. When on a call, activate a bluetooth headset. Mute via phone mute button. Doesn't mute. MUST mute via headset. Mute works fine if headset is active BEFORE beginning the call, but if you switch from handset to headset during a call, mute may not work, even though display says muted.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    11-25-09 07:08 PM
    Yes I did notice this, but didn't think it was a big deal.

This morning my wife called as I got to my car. I muted my Tour as I turned on my car so she didn't hear all the beeps and noises as I turned on my car.

Clicked on my BT earpiece and she could hear me instantly. She wasn't muted despite my Tour screen still saying it was on Mute.

Oh well, like I said, doesn't actually bother me...
    11-25-09 08:45 PM
    Interesting, I haven't used a BT headset since my Treo 650 so I would've never noticed. Nice find though!
    11-25-09 08:48 PM
    I discovered this while on a work conference call started in my house, transferred to bt in the car. At least 15 people on the call when I started hacking up a lung and spitting. It was great. People were so grossed out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 09:02 PM
    I discovered this while on a work conference call started in my house, transferred to bt in the car. At least 15 people on the call when I started hacking up a lung and spitting. It was great. People were so grossed out.
    Okay, that one actually did make me laugh out loud.
    11-25-09 09:07 PM
    Good info to know. At least you weren't in the bathroom when you found out the problem or something, could have been very embarrassing/awkward.
    11-26-09 01:22 AM
    Good info to know. At least you weren't in the bathroom when you found out the problem or something, could have been very embarrassing/awkward.
    I know. I started thinking of any other times this might have happened. I could swear it happened when I was running 5.0.0.230 too.
    11-26-09 08:53 AM
    There was another issue that I had when using .61 - I could not use voice dialing through my BT headset. Since 2 days ago I upgraded to 5.0.0.230 + irtehun's v11 hybrid and voice dialing through BT works just fine.
    11-26-09 09:30 AM
    I had upgraded to .61 and using the Blackberry 655 BT and the voice dial worked fine with it. Just got the Blueant Q1 which is even better audio quality and no issue with the V .61
    11-26-09 11:34 AM
    Actually my VAD has stalled a few times too since .61. I have several new Themes and wasn't sure if it was lag from them or the OS.

It works fine until I confirm the selection by saying Yes. Then sometimes nothing happens until I reach out and press 1 (or whichever) to select that choice.
    Doesn't happen all the time though�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD