hey all, i am looking to find a way to turn only my email off while i'm overseas working. i rotate ever 6 weeks and where i am, my data is spotty where i am, but i still send a few bb messages when i have data. i'm looking to drop my international unlimited data plan and just suck up the cost of the few bb messenger messages i'll be sending while i'm gone and rely on the actual internet while i'm overseas. is there any way, besides just deleting the whole account every 6 weeks? i use my computer for email, but every time i get data reception, i get 50 emails pop up to the blackberry. don't want to be paying out of pocket for data and get charged for all those.

didn't know if there was a way to easily set the email accounts up to only receive email when i manually select them to or not.

also, does it count towards your data charges every time the send/receive arrows appear even if i'm not sending or receiving anything at the moment? or does it only count the actual message/internet/bb messenger traffic?

basically, i'm pretty sure i'll have to delete the email accounts every 6 weeks to stop them from updating while i'm overseas and then just re-do them when i get stateside. just wanted to see if there was a better way.

thanks for the help all.
    03-14-10 04:43 PM
    I THINK you may be able to log into your BIS account and change the FILTER settings - something like "do NOT forward email to BB"

You might have to change them in the actual filters you have set up for just for the specific account.
    03-14-10 05:07 PM
    Yes. That's the way to do it. Just select "Do not forward" where it reads "When no filter applies". Repeat for EACH email account.

Note that messages received while this is selected will NEVER be sent to the device.
    03-14-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD