Okay this is my issue.. I have two computers..

Computer #1 is my office computer.. on here I have business contacts as well as my work-partners Personal contacts.. I have them assigned to 2 different categories in outlook contacts... business category and misc category

Computer #2 is my home personal computer... on here I have business contacts asa well as my own personal contacts. The business contacts I want to be the same between both computers and on my BB Tour. But my personal contacts are different than my work-partners personal contacts. So on my home personal computer I have two categories set up.. I have Business category and Personal category in outlook for my contacts.

Now if I sync both computers to my one BB Tour.. what I get is 3 different categories... Business, Misc, and Personal. Problem is.. the Misc and Personal categories have duplicates.. because my home pc personal contacts are some of the same as my work-partners Misc contacts. So on my Tour if I type in the last name say "Smith" I may get duplicate entries with one "Smith" assigned to the Misc category and another "Smith" assigned to the Personal category.

What I'm looking to do is ONLY see on my BB Tour the two categories "Business" and "Personal". I do NOT want to see the "Misc" category.. even though it's on my phone because it got synced there.. I don't want to see it because these contacts in "Misc" are NOT mine.. they are my partners. Ideally I would only want to sync the "Business" category from Computer #1, and then sync from computer #2 the "Business" AND "Personal" categories. This way I am keeping the "Business" category between computer #1 and #2 exactly the same as what my Tour shows as well.
    09-15-09 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD