Hi everyone

I was wondering if any can help me. I have BB Tour that is a corporate cell phone and is set up using Microsoft Exchange to receive my corporate e-mails. We use MS Outlook as our mail program.

I was just playing around in Outlook trying to figure out how to attach my business card to the end of e-mails I send and soon realized I was looking at all of my personal cell numbers of friends, family etc... in Outlook on my corporate lap top ! Yikes ! I don't want my mom, ex wife, current GF's etc... contact info on my corporate laptop.

Is there a way to get my Tour and/or Outlook to stop syncing my phone contacts to my my computer ?

Thanks

Bill
    09-02-10 04:35 PM
    You should be able to go into Desktop Manager and select which Outlook features to sync. Just uncheck Contacts.
    09-02-10 08:15 PM
    Outlook is on my corporate laptop, not on my desktop and I think the problem is with Microsoft Exchange, which I know very little about. I am trying to keep my personal contacts off of my business laptop.
    09-02-10 08:31 PM
    I "manage" the BES server where I work and from what I understand and have seen: If you have the blackberry setup on the BES, whenever you add a contact on your pone it will sync with the BES server and with your Exchange server and then the contact ends up on your Outlook. Once it is there, if you delete the contact info from Outlook, it is also deleted from your phone.

If you don't want your personal contacts to appear on your work laptop you have 2 options:

1) I am not sure if your blackberry is a corporate blackberry, but if it is, get a personal phone or keep your personal contacts as a word document.

2) Get removed from the BES server and setup your corporate email through the BIS. Your emails will take anywhere from 2-10 minutes longer to make it to your phone, but then the contacts won't sync.
    09-04-10 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the response.

You lost me with a few abbreviations. What does BES and BIS stand for ? Yes it is a corporate(owned) phone. I do not have my personal e-mail linked to my BB, only my corporate e-mail and my company uses Outlook and I guess it uses MS Exchange to do the communication ?

What do you mean by keep my personal contacts as a word document ?
    09-04-10 02:14 PM
    BES = Blackberry Enterprise Server
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BIS = Blackberry Internet Service
    BlackBerry Internet Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keeping your personal contacts as a word document -- not entering them as contacts, but keeping their information documented so you have it for reference.
    09-04-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD