I am strongly considering switching from my VZ Palm Treo 755p to a BB. I checked out the Storm but do not think that it was a good fit for me. I am now considering the idea of waiting for the 9630. I have also given some consideration to the iphone due to the fact that I do lots of stuff on the internet. I like being able to have full HTML on the iphone. How should I expect the browser on the 9630 to compare to the iphone? Thanks for any suggestions!
    05-19-09 06:01 PM
    Well, first of all, lets focus on the first 2 sentences. The browser on the Storm is levels above the browsing on the 755P. & as far as the Storm, please be patient and pass on the Storm. Look around this site, you find numerous ppl complaining about their Storms. And if that isn't enough for you, look on the front page, even the CEO of RIM(company that designs BlackBerrys) basically stated that the Storm has problems and should've been better than what it is. Follow my foot steps, be patient & wait for the next VZW BB to officially release. I have an eligible upgrade as we speak, but I'm not waisting it on that Storm.

Storm vs Iphone browser, Storm wins. The VZW Storm 3G speed has been way better than the AT&T iPhone 3G speed. I live in Hollywood, sometimes my iPhones 3G speed would lag and lag, sometimes taking 20 seconds just to load a myspace home page. I never had any problems in 3G areas with the Storm.

My overall advice is be patient, review the Tour, get the Tour when it hits stores, not some ebay Tour, but the Tour that sells at VZW stores. If that phone doesn't seem to fit you, just keep waiting.
    05-19-09 06:14 PM
    Iphone beats the storm(and blackberry phones in general) in terms of web browsing. Its faster, easier to use, FUN to use

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 06:43 PM
    I would say night and day. The vast differences in input separate the experiences apart for me. You "touch" the internet with the iPhone. Trackball navigation is not as intuitive. The way the pages display will be different, and I'm not too sure about the rendering. My iPod Touch displays things in a better fashion than a Bold would, IMO. I don't think the browsers would be that different from a Bold to a Tour, either.
    05-19-09 06:58 PM
    Iphone beats the storm(and blackberry phones in general) in terms of web browsing. Its faster, easier to use, FUN to use

Yes and it's not even close. I don't know what the second poster is talking about. Any phone is going to have trouble loading a busy Myspace page. In terms of navigation, touch gestures, page rendering and ease of use, the Safari web browser is widely considered the best web browser to ever be on phones up to this point.

The second poster can't be serious with saying the Storm browser is better. That is asinine.

Anyway the Tour browser should be decent. It won't even approach the IPhone's browser but according to those in the know on here, the browser is already better then the Storms.
    05-19-09 07:00 PM
    Yes and it's not even close. I don't know what the second poster is talking about. Any phone is going to have trouble loading a busy Myspace page. In terms of navigation, touch gestures, page rendering and ease of use, the Safari web browser is widely considered the best web browser to ever be on phones up to this point.

The second poster can't be serious with saying the Storm browser is better. That is asinine.

Anyway the Tour browser should be decent. It won't even approach the IPhone's browser but according to those in the know on here, the browser is already better then the Storms.
    I was referring to overall 3G speed. And thats why I specifacally stated my location. Now I know it's not Apple's fault that the 3G is somewhat limited and not as good as VZW, but the reason I stated that is because most likely he would be getting a Storm on VZW or an iPhone on AT&T. Thats something to think about. But I've stated numerous times that the standard BB browsers suck to me, you always gotta go 3rd party browsers with BB.
    05-19-09 07:11 PM
    and the blackberry web browser sucks its worst than the 755p i had both thats everybody biggest gripe with the blackberry is the terrible web browser.I mean rim may be in the same position that palm was last year because their os is old and outdated.
    05-19-09 07:23 PM
    First I must say that generally, AT&T's HSPA(3G) network is faster than Verizon's EVDO Rev A. Verizon's current EVDO Rev A is maxed out. Theres no more bandwidth to get, and speeds aren't even hitting their advertised. Now depending on where you're at, one can be a little better than the other, but as a whole AT&T's 3G Network is faster than Verizons. And AT&T will/is be rolling out their 7.2Mbps HSPA long before Verizon and LTE.

Anyways, the 9630's browser is BlackBerry's best yet. It's the quickest, and handles JavaScript well. A noticeable difference over other BlackBerry devices.
    05-19-09 07:40 PM
    right but but verizon evdo is damn near everywhere att not so much.
    05-19-09 07:44 PM
    Yeah. I can't wait til LTE comes out, VZW is gonna shine! When LTE hits I doubt there will be a need for wifi being that LTE is supposed to surpass wifi speeds. But wifi is improving, so we shall see. But I'm just stating that in my area(Hollywood, CA) VZW's 3G seems to be much fast than AT&T's 3G. BB just needs to make a phone that can run flash, java & shockwave.
    05-19-09 07:48 PM
    right but but verizon evdo is damn near everywhere att not so much.
    I would agree in reference to rural areas. AT&T has their 3G network rolled out in pretty much every major city in the US. I travel about every week with my work, and I'm usually never anywhere where AT&T doesn't have 3G coverage. Again, most major cities. Whereas Verizon has most major cities and outlying areas as well. But yes I agree Verizon has the larger footprint.
    05-19-09 07:50 PM
    I have a few iphone friends and they complain that they service sucks and I live in the 8th biggest city the 2nd biggest in cali but that neither here or there.
    05-19-09 07:58 PM
    I have a few iphone friends and they complain that they service sucks and I live in the 8th biggest city the 2nd biggest in cali but that neither here or there.

Thats what I'm basically saying. I'm not knocking AT&T or their 3G, I'm just saying different areas different results. I live in Hollywood, right next to LA. The dude I sold my phone to lives in Long Beach. Sometimes when he calls me, his call drops. And then he just txts me. Sometimes on his phone the inernet is very fast, but it just has its areas where it lags.
    05-19-09 08:02 PM
    I agree I think att suck but thats my opinion
    05-19-09 08:04 PM
    Thats what I'm basically saying. I'm not knocking AT&T or their 3G, I'm just saying different areas different results. I live in Hollywood, right next to LA. The dude I sold my phone to lives in Long Beach. Sometimes when he calls me, his call drops. And then he just txts me. Sometimes on his phone the inernet is very fast, but it just has its areas where it lags.
    I agree, service differs in different areas. That's why we have choices. My choice is AT&T because I must have voice and data, a feature impossible with EVDO. But to each his own.
    05-19-09 08:06 PM
    true true some people have the network some don't
    05-19-09 08:09 PM
    To the OP: I am a notorious hater when it comes to the Blackberry native browser. That said, the iPhones is much better. Granted, I have only browsed on it using wifi, but when I race my Storm with my friends' iPhones, they always win, even using 3G and not wifi. The only way you'll get a pleasurable browsing experience is if you use Opera, Bolt, or Skyfire (which is coming out soon for Berries).

Thank you.
    05-19-09 08:20 PM
    I agree, service differs in different areas. That's why we have choices. My choice is AT&T because I must have voice and data, a feature impossible with EVDO. But to each his own.
    Yeah, I really don't wanna knock carriers. And different ppl need different options.
    05-19-09 08:33 PM
    And you keep Rubbing that in!! Trust that LTE is coming sooner then people think and when I am chatting over BBM with you and talking to my cousins, baby momma, aunt's hairdresser about the storm 4... then I win!! lol
    05-19-09 08:57 PM
    And you keep Rubbing that in!! Trust that LTE is coming sooner then people think and when I am chatting over BBM with you and talking to my cousins, baby momma, aunt's hairdresser about the storm 4... then I win!! lol

hahah

really verizon and at&t are the two best networks out there so its really a horse a piece.
    05-19-09 11:45 PM
    As long as you're talking to her about the wonderful Maryland seafood we're supposed to be eating, it's all good.
    05-20-09 05:54 AM
    From an internet browsing standpoint, it will be years before another phone catches up to the iPhone.

Sorry guys, truth hurts.

05-20-09 08:01 AM
    How should I expect the browser on the 9630 to compare to the iphone? Thanks for any suggestions!
    I entered your question into this program on my Iphone and got the response, "Ask again later." I waited an hour and got, "Better not tell you now." I'll post an update if I get something firm.

05-20-09 11:39 AM
    All I care about is weather or not the browser on the new BBerry's has the flick and scroll capability. I need my flick & scroll!
    05-21-09 08:15 PM
    All I care about is weather or not the browser on the new BBerry's has the flick and scroll capability. I need my flick & scroll!

hmm the tour uses a trackball....

so the flick scroll really isn't for this device...

as for the storm 2 no one knows yet!
    05-21-09 08:38 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD