I just got a 8G (under $20, NewEgg.com) for my phone and backed up info from my phone to play it safe. Will I have to reload onto the 8?
    02-13-10 09:16 PM
    No. Your phone doesn't use the media card for anything but... media. If you have anything on the old one, just hook your phone up to a computer, cut & paste the folder(s) onto the computer, then put in the new card, format it, and cut and paste the folder(s) onto the new one.
    02-13-10 10:38 PM
    I second that. I NEVER look twice at any memory card. All I want to know is which on is the cheapest. I don't care why, just give it to me. I've NEVER had any issues with ANY memory card and I ALWAYS buy the cheapest one. If one is faster than the other, I sure can't notice it, therefore I don't care.
    I have had issues. I had a Viking card in my camera and it lost all my vacation photos. Searching later revealed that QC on their cards wasn't the best. They replaced it for me, but I don't use it for anything I care about. That means even though I saved money, I wasted money.
    02-14-10 09:41 AM
    a memory card is a memory card.
    So not true.. I replaced a class 2 with a class 4 and pics load almost instantly.. it's like night and day !! ..
    I have over 4000 files on my card.. My old class 2 was great but it was sloooow compared to the class 4 loading files... Cheap is good sometimes.. but for something you are gonna keep a while... It is well worth it to spend a few bucks more to improve the overall experience...
    Last edited by mike340t; 02-14-10 at 01:26 PM.
    02-14-10 01:21 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD