My personal Tour took a bath when I washed a jacket with it in the pocket. I'm trying to dry it out now but I still have my work tour. How can I restore the contacts from my old tour to the new one? I had back ups of both and when I try the restore feature the contacts are greyed out.
    02-20-11 10:14 AM
    The contacts are most likely grayed out on your work Tour because they are synced wirelessly to your BES. Go to Contacts / Options / Desktop (or whatever your BES is called) and turn off wireless synchronization.

Note that restoring your backup may replace the contacts on the device with the contacts from the backup, not merge then. I can only say "may" because I haven't tried it, but I wanted to warn you in case replacement was not what you wanted.
    02-20-11 11:18 AM
    I got everything moved over but now I can't locate the browser. Applications manager says its installed, I turned on "show all", and checked through the desktop manager, everything indicates it's there.

I also rebooted and It's still missing. I checked in all the sub folders as well.

Any ideas?
    02-20-11 11:54 AM
    Does your BES allow you to access the Browser? That's a common restriction on work phones.

Assuming the browser used to work, you may need to send the service books and re-register the Host Routing Table on the work phone. But I don't know why that would be necessary, if the phone and browser was working previously.

To send the Books, go to your BIS access page and look under the help tab for send Service Books. Or you can do it from the email setup wizard on your BlackBerry.

To re-register the HRT, to go Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Register Now.
    02-20-11 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD