Hi,

I need help to remove "activation required" from my tour, its shown instead of my carrier's name

I bought a Sprint Blackberry Tour from eBay and it was never activated and it was sent to me to Kuwait

I inserted my Zain's Sim card which is the local carrier here and it works fine, data and calling and receiving is working perfectly

The only problem is that "activation required" is shown on the top of the screen and I need to remove it

I contacted Sprint because I was told that I have to give them my ESN so they would provide me with the MSL code to remove it , but they said they couldn't help me since am not a customer with their network and they told to contact RIM and RIM would provide me with the MSL code required to remove the "activation required" sign

I couldn't find a place to contact RIM even in their support center so please I need help to remove that sign

is there any other way to remove that annoying "activation required"??
    08-12-09 07:08 AM
    There is another thread with some helpful info.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/re...t-tour-291642/

The relevant data is found in this post
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/act...sy-fix-144288/

Good luck let us know how it works!
    08-12-09 09:26 AM
    Hi Kuwait84,

Did you find a solution? I am facing the same problem with sprint tour!!
    08-13-09 03:38 AM
    Hi Kuwait84,

Did you find a solution? I am facing the same problem with sprint tour!!
    This issues has been addressed in a previous post (X2). The relevent link has been posted in this forum. It appears to have worked and has resolved most issues with the "activation required".
    08-13-09 06:07 AM
    Can any one find the starting address and the length, for the tour. So we can use it with UNI_CDMA to creat the MSL passward. This is the only way to get the MSL password and remove the "Activation Required" messaage!
    08-14-09 05:35 AM
    does the activation required go away when you select 2G/3G UMTS only on the Network Menu?
    08-14-09 10:10 AM
    Dial screen > ##000000 then press yes > Change "Mobile Directory Number" begin with your country code area but without a plus sign (+) > press menu then save > it will automatically reboot your phone, after turn on the activation require is replaced with your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 10:40 AM
    I am not sure if Hesham Alkhateeb (?) is in this thread, but if he is, check your email.
    Just sent you the MSL Unlocks for the 2 Tour ESN's that you sent me.

Anyone else wanting an MSL for their Sprint device, donate $7.00 to [email protected] and include your ESN MEID (Don't send me the HEX...does me no good).

NOTE: Doing this does NOT SIM UNLOCK YOUR DEVICE.
    08-14-09 10:59 AM
    I can't seem to get the activation required screen to go away even on this unlocked sprint tour that I have. Everything else works fine except for the web browser also not showing up.
    I tried all the methods with unicdma but the phone never connects, I wouldn't have an issue with getting the MSL code but the ***** I bought it from reported the phone lost or stolen for whatever reason. So I'm in need of an MSL code basically. Anybody have any ideas how I can get one?? Any help would be appreciated.
    08-14-09 07:42 PM
    [QUOTE=n8d;3339927]I am not sure if Hesham Alkhateeb (?) is in this thread, but if he is, check your email.
    Just sent you the MSL Unlocks for the 2 Tour ESN's that you sent me.

Anyone else wanting an MSL for their Sprint device, donate $7.00 to [email protected] and include your ESN MEID (Don't send me the HEX...does me no good).

NOTE: Doing this does NOT SIM UNLOCK YOUR DEVICE.[/QUOT
    Dude ,
    I don't know much of these things but how do I enter the code you will provide me when I donate the 7 dollars?
    08-17-09 10:24 PM
    Sorry, I am not getting notifications to subscribed threads.
    To enter the MSL code here's what you do:
    1. Press the Green Talk Button
    2. Type in ##MSLCode
    3. Press Green Talk Button again
    4. You enter into a CDMA Service Edit Screen
    5. Top line, delete out the 000-000-xxxx
    6. Enter your phone number in the top line
    7. Press Menu Key > Save
    8. Device will reboot
    9. Activation Required will no longer be on the screen and active carrier name will now show up.

Again, note:
    A: This does NOT SIM Unlock the device, and SIM Unlocking of the device is not the same thing as this.
    B: If the ESN has been reported as lost or stolen, the MSL is unavailable.
    08-20-09 11:54 AM
    2. Type in ##MSLCode
    7. Press Menu Key > Save
    8. Device will reboot
    9. Activation Required will no longer be on the screen and active carrier name will now show up.

Again, note:
    A: This does NOT SIM Unlock the device, and SIM Unlocking of the device is not the same thing as this.

Okies dude I donated the 7 dollars and my MEID DEC code
    08-20-09 08:09 PM
    hey Mr.Salas, May i ask?
    Can u open Blackberry service in Kuwait like Push mail, Blackberry messenger, etc.
    or you just use normal voice/txt/data service.
    08-21-09 01:12 AM
    whahaha, Dude Aruba isn't in Kuwait , it's in the caribbean!
    And yes we have blackberry service over here.

Aruba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Google Map of Aruba
    08-21-09 01:16 AM
    If data was to work, that would mean BBM and email would work. That's like having internet and not being able to use it. You're question doesn't make any sense.
    08-21-09 01:24 AM
    whahaha, Dude Aruba isn't in Kuwait , it's in the caribbean!
    And yes we have blackberry service over here.

Aruba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Google Map of Aruba
    HAHA sorry i got it from your post that you are in Kuwait
    My friend and I just bought Sprint Tour on ebay too. The phone is now in the states but my friend is bringing me back the Tour next week. And i'm new to Blackberry. I read many threads but sometime still confused.

Basically to be able to use the Tour i purchased on Ebay in Thailand, with Blackberry service, what i have to do?

Do i need to unlock the phone?
    how about the activation?
    ESN, MSL, i'm lost tho.
    is ESN same to IMEI? how about MSL pwd?
    many questions in my head. -,-

Can u breif me how to make it work? if you dnt mind.

Thx man
    08-21-09 01:25 AM
    If data was to work, that would mean BBM and email would work. That's like having internet and not being able to use it. You're question doesn't make any sense.
    Yeah i know but i read some threads that they also mention about PIN Lock.
    That some service providers auto-assign account with PIN.
    Therefore, when you bring the phone to other countries, and when you try to create account. It won't allow you because the account is already created.
    08-21-09 01:30 AM
    Well i'm a newbie to blackberry but if you want to use the phone on another network you should unlock it.

and for the password of the Activation required talk this guy
    8ND email([email protected]) he is a member on this forum.
    08-21-09 01:34 AM
    Well i'm a newbie to blackberry but if you want to use the phone on another network you should unlock it.

and for the password of the Activation required talk this guy
    8ND email([email protected]) he is a member on this forum.

Thk man,
    But why do we need password, the following method doesn't work ma?

Dial screen > ##000000 then press yes > Change "Mobile Directory Number" begin with your country code area but without a plus sign (+) > press menu then save > it will automatically reboot your phone, after turn on the activation require is replaced with your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

sorry for my newbieeee
    look at my # post, i'm just started too
    08-21-09 01:40 AM
    Thk man,
    But why do we need password, the following method doesn't work ma?

sorry for my newbieeee
    look at my # post, i'm just started too
    It depends which carrier Tour you got.
    If you got Verizon (and soome other carrier) then ur fine with the MSL ("activation required") ##000000. BUT if you got Sprint Tour.. MSL for Sprint Tour is unique on every phone..therefore like me!.. you are screwed..or until someone comes up with the address range for Tour so that we can scan it for the correct MSL.

Just make sure you but Verizon
    08-21-09 09:20 PM
    2. Type in ##MSLCode
    7. Press Menu Key > Save
    8. Device will reboot

Again, note:

ive got the problem here with my tour sprint...
    actually my phone comes unlocked...but the only problem is that the "activation required" still appeared on my home screen n wont show my carrier names...
    since i know that only verizon that has the universal code ##000000 n sprint requires a specific unique code(the MSL code i presumed)...so im willing to get a favor from u to get this work...
    i know this requires $7 to donate...
    pls : tell me how to do it n where can i donate to u...thanks bro...
    n how long will it takes for me to get this code?thank u.
    09-02-09 12:15 PM
    still no luck at all???
    09-08-09 10:28 AM
    Thanks. its gone now. But I wanted to know why I can't use my yahoo messenger with this phone. It says, "the application is not allowed on this device"
    please help!
    09-09-09 03:59 AM
    Read the thread. He's repeated his information a couple of times.
    i guess he changed the donation from $7 to $15
    thx for the information bro...if he still up to $7 then ill go for it...but $15? have to think bout it...
    09-09-09 11:43 PM
    Hello Mr. Salas,

could you please help me with my MSL?
    07-28-10 09:21 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD