View Poll Results: When did you get your Tour, and how does your trackball work?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Got Tour when it first came out

39 39.00%
  • Got Tour within the last 5 months

36 36.00%
  • Got Tour within the last month

20 20.00%
  • Trackball feels like it is "gripping" or "catching"

15 15.00%
  • Trackball rolls smoothly without meeting any resistance

64 64.00%
  • The cursor movement on screen matches the physical trackball movement

44 44.00%
  • The cursor movement on screen DOES NOT match the physical trackball movement

10 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    i got my tour launch day. first one had a bad headphone jack, second had a bad trackball. this one's trackball was ok for a while but now it is starting to slip. it will roll but feel smooth as it is rolling and not move on the screen. very annoying and i would like to know how i am supposed to get through over a year still with a device with a crap trackball...
    05-10-10 06:12 AM
    I got my tour in Oct. with late Aug build from mexico
    never had a problem with t ball.
    My daughter got hers in Sept and it came a problem,
    the t ball didn"t push down and click but shes not a
    compulsive type so she used it till the track ball unit
    stopped responding and then got a refub with 5.0 and
    no t ball issues.
    05-10-10 07:06 AM
    Got my tour in october , no idea what it came with . I'm running .591 now . And I also feel the grab or resistance you talk about . But works well I would say

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 07:37 AM
    Very interesting...
    Had to get a replacement (refurb) because the 5.0 591 updated bricked my phone two weeks ago. The first phone I got had an issue with the track ball. It would catch or grab on downward scroll. Called Verizon and they sent me another one. Same track ball issue right out of the box. I didn't even put the battery in and called for another replacement. The Verizon guy was very apologetic and asked me if there was anything he could do to make me happy for the inconvenience. I said send me a brand new phone instead of a refurb. He said they no longer have "new" Tours in stock but could send me a phone from a different warehouse. The phone I got today has a BLUE DOT on the box and not a green dot and the track ball seems to working fine.

05-10-10 03:12 PM
    I've had my Tour about 6 weeks. No problems so far. Running 4.7.
    05-10-10 05:48 PM
    I have had 3 and the 4th I sold on ebay. Although the Tour is awesome, loved it except for the trackball. I now have the Curve 8530 and I love it. The track pad is much MUCH better than the trackball. I will get the new Bold in March that is replacing the Tour. But in the meantime, the Curve is perfect for me.
    05-10-10 06:18 PM
    I just got a replacement directly from the store and the trackball is actually sticky like it's tar/rubber instead of plastic. I haven't seen this in a BlackBerry, ever.

05-10-10 08:06 PM
    Got mine week 1, never had an issue. Couple of hiccups, usually up sticks, but I just Press in, and scroll, and it fixes it.
    This is the only reason I havent traded it in, cause its always had a good trackball
    musta been a wednesday model
    05-10-10 11:25 PM
    Bought mine in Oct., never had a problem with my trackball or phone for that matter. I've wiped and installed so many different OS's, I would understand if it died tonight...lol. I too like the way the 8530 trackpad performs, I will be looking at the 9650 real close when Sprint releases it in a couple weeks.
    05-10-10 11:51 PM
    Got my first one in July and it started acting up on day 32. VZW had no problem giving me a new replacement and I have had no real problems with it. Trackball gets dirty and sticks but I have always been able to get it cleaned out with little trouble. Would still like to have a trackpad as keeping the ball clean is kind of a drag.

05-11-10 04:28 AM
    I've had my Tour for at least 6 months now ... I do however clean it once every 2 months with a "slightly" damp alcohol prep swap
    05-11-10 07:59 AM
    Got my tour 2 weeks ago. OS 4.7. No issues whatsoever with the trackball.
    05-11-10 08:59 AM
    Trackball is working great on my tour.
    05-12-10 01:50 PM
    same here got it 2 months ago
    05-13-10 11:46 AM
    I went to the verizon store today and got my 4th tour. I got my first one the day they came out. exchanged twice and ended up with my third one in september last year. it had done really well until recently and the trackball was becoming a pain. I cleaned it regularly. The vzw rep didn"t give me any hassle and said would swap out. I was shocked. It is a refurbished phone but it is like night and day difference compared to when i got my third one back in september. trackball works so much better and the keyboard feels different, almost like keys sit up higher. we'll see how it goes over next couple of weeks. I really like the tour, it has been a great phone for me except the trackball. I am keeping my eye on the new 9800 slider. when it hits vzw i will probably see how it performs and i should be eligible for an upgrade. still can't believe how quickly they got rid of the tour but i agree the 9650 coming out is what the 9630 should have been last year.
    05-23-10 04:39 PM
    Got mine on day 1, never had an issue
    05-23-10 06:40 PM
    I've had my Tour for almost a month and never had a problem with the trackball here. I probably have one of the last new Tour's and it has been great. My phone does have a loose battery door though, and that is annoying but since I have a case it isn't something I'm going to return the phone over. My friend has a Tour he got in December and his trackball is sticking really bad and you have to press down hard to get it to register. I love my Tour and hopefully it continues to be a great fun.

05-23-10 06:52 PM
    I don't have any issues at all.

05-23-10 07:17 PM
    I got my first one in November and it worked fine until the radio crapped out on me after I installed 5.0. My replacement inexplicably had the loose battery door so I just kept my original door and sent the defective one back. Never had any issues w trackball whatsoever.
    05-23-10 10:22 PM
    Just had to replace a trackball in my tour.
    05-24-10 02:34 AM
    Got my Tour in March. Awesome trackball feel. Of course it's my first BB though. What does the green dot mean? Mine has it on the box side with the barcodes.

Bought the wife a Tour a week or so ago. Her trackball sits lower but still feels good rolling it around. Her box has a large blue dot on it.

pm
    05-24-10 07:18 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD