View Poll Results: How many Tours have you gone through thus far?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll

60 61.86%

25 25.77%

11 11.34%

1 1.03%
  • 5+

0 0%
    Ive went through 3 of them...im over it
    Im going back to 8330 until Rim gets their QC on fabrication lines
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-30-09 at 12:24 PM.
    07-30-09 12:20 PM
    Exchanged the storm for miy Tour last week, after a week I love it. Have strted to notice the speaker is crackling some now and had complaints from people who say I sound far off or like I am on speaker during conversations.
    07-30-09 12:28 PM
    I've had just the one. I am not a great believer in shunting from one item to the other, unless the flaws are so bad that they impair usage. Sometimes you actually replace what you already have with something worse. And even then you'll always have this swirling paranoia in your mind, wondering if the replacement is living up to expectations.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have 'the perfect Tour.' My trackball is very sluggush on the horizontal plane, and my battery cover is not firm. But I remember my early days with the World Edition. The browser was slow, it froze up quite a bit, etcetera. But by the time I replaced it with the Tour, that browser was so fast that I preferred to use it instead of the internet on my computer (and I have Cable). Subsequent upgrades made that phone the most efficient piece I've ever owned, and if not for the fact that it lacked memory, a 3.5 mm jack and a camera, I would still be using it today. It was so much faster than my new Tour.

My point is, you grow into your equipment if you are not always looking for flaws, unless it is a flaw that interferes with your use of the phone. From there, it only gets better as they tighten up the OS with subsequent upgrades. That's my 2 cents...
    07-30-09 12:32 PM
    I exchanged mine after the first day of owning it. There was a problem that the Sprint "blackberry expert" and RIM support couldn't figure out. For some reason they couldn't get the network recognize the phone.
    07-30-09 12:34 PM
    This is my 3 rd BB in one month. I had a Curve which the USB pin port was ruined by normal use. My first tour had a jacked up trackball. The one I have now has a crappy battery door. I love BB but if they can't get their quality control in check. I might get an iPhone... LOL not! I hate those things. But seriously, they need to build better hardware. I had a MotoQ which was as tough as a brick, I couldn't break that thing to save my life. BlackBerry please do ur fans a favor and get this stuff under control.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 12:44 PM
    I have been very lucky with only one Tour from VZW. =D
    07-30-09 12:56 PM
    Just one and I love it! I've only run into some very minor software issues that will probably be resolved in the next OS update. No problems with the hardware at all.
    07-30-09 12:59 PM
    holy this device sounds like a winner, as far as quality goes.

i know i will get bashed because i have a storm but Rims been making qwerty phones for a while now, storm was the first attempt at touchscreen.
    07-30-09 12:59 PM
    Just one for me. I love this thing.
    07-30-09 01:00 PM
    Only 1 So Far, which im getting mine this saturday
    07-30-09 01:04 PM
    I'm on my first and only Tour that i picked up on Monday the 13th. It's been awesome from day one.
    07-30-09 09:27 PM
    I have had 2 Tours and thought it time to punt. I'll wait to use my New-in-2 upgrade for the Storm 2. Can't wait for that aggravation! ;-)
    07-30-09 09:30 PM
    1st one, barely a month in . . . crossing my fingers
    07-31-09 11:49 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD