View Poll Results: Are you Switching to the Niagara?

Voters
729. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes no questions asked I'm switching

289 39.64%
  • No I love my Storm

208 28.53%
  • I'll Switch if the Niagara has Wifi

76 10.43%
  • I can't decide

156 21.40%
    No switching here. Im way satisfied with my Storm when it's working right lol :-P
    03-05-09 03:35 PM
    I'm not gonna switch, I'm just also getting the Niagara, and I'm switching back and forth between the 2 out of lust and greed.
    03-05-09 03:41 PM
    I'm not gonna switch, I'm just also getting the Niagara, and I'm switching back and forth between the 2 out of lust and greed.
    Same here. I chose I'm switching but I'm keeping both just to rub it in a few faces at work!
    03-05-09 03:44 PM
    I actually returned my storm to get this phone, so im holding strong till it comes out! lol.....I am having BB withdrawals
    03-05-09 03:54 PM
    As soon as the BlackBerry Niagra hit the stores, I will be standing in line just as I did for the Storm. In my opinion, this is the worst phone that RIM has manufactured!
    03-05-09 04:23 PM
    I am sick of my storm and the buggy OS and all the crap that comes with it... I was going to trade for a bold the other day but ill see how year niagra holds up first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 04:37 PM
    I don't know what you are doing to your phones, I have all kinds off apps and themes on my storm and it works great. What browser are you using I get great speed on just an edge network with opera mini, no need for wifi!

03-05-09 04:51 PM
    Depends on the MSRP, I got the storm without having the two year discount.
    If the MSRP is over $500, I'm not so sure if I'll get it. However, if the MSRP is $500 or lower, I'm 100% getting it.
    03-05-09 05:54 PM
    I won't make a decision before official specs and stuff are released on this. I don't see how people can make a definite decision but to each his own. This to me seems more like a poll of "STILL loving or hating your storm?"

I saw a post in a different thread that this would be out before a new OS update is out for the storm but I don't see how that can be since everyone in the storm forums is saying the next official update is 'right around the corner".

The storm was the first smartphone i was an early adopter for and I will definitely be waiting a few weeks after ANY new BB release to make a more informed decision to see if it's worth it to me to make a switch.

In the meantime, I'll be crossing my fingers for a sweet new OS upgrade because I'm one that holds out on the storm having so much potential, it just needs to be realized.
    03-05-09 06:07 PM
    i love my storm, i cant understand why people dont like it because i have none of the problems that anyone is talking about. Its the best phone ive ever had.

But i might buy one of these just to have it and switch phones day by day if i feel like it. As long as switching the SIM card will work that is, and i dont have to go to verizon to activate it every time.

do the verizon sim cards work like other companies? because this is the first verizon phone ive had with a sim.
    03-05-09 06:26 PM
    Not going to switch but might pick it up for my wife. I can't go back to a trackball. I had a Bold in hands last night and I kept pushing the screen to make it work.
    03-05-09 06:38 PM
    Eversince I dropped Nextel i580 and went to Verizon and got the BB 8330 -- I have been loving it, I get all my work mail and the BB messenger keeps me in touch. But the storm has a bigger screen and I would hope the web would be quicker. I love my Curve but think about buying a Storm from someone since I am not due for an upgrade. Then I hear about the bugs in the OS. Nothing beats the berry, if you would fill me in!! Thanks all.
    03-05-09 07:37 PM
    The Storm is nothing more than a paperweight to me. I miss the trackball, and the physical QWERTY keyboard is much, much quicker to use. Not to mention the Storm is just so slow, even running the latest beta OS.

I'll prolly get the Niagara the day of the release.
    03-05-09 07:41 PM
    I made this poll and thread because I thought it would lead to some interesting conversation. So far I'm not disappointed!
    03-05-09 07:50 PM
    I'm considering switching. Howeve I do love my storm, so I'll wait till I get to play with the Niagara.

03-05-09 07:53 PM
    I am sorry for not reading up on the storm but does it support video better than the Curve? Wow your right about the keyboard and trackball...that would be a miss although my time with the BB has been short. The investigators and myself have sent scene pictures back and forth with lightning speed. Are all these bugs, are they due to the new OS or the out of box OS?
    03-05-09 08:15 PM
    I love my Storm, but I wouldn't mind having a second phone to switch to and from every now and then.

There are more options for me to choose from and I definitely don't want to pay full retail. So I'm sure if I wait until this November when I qualify for my 1 yr upgrade there will be other BB's out besides the Niagara.
    How would one switch back and forth between phones on Verizon? And the Niagara is nice. I will probably get it seeing as I collect BlackBerry phones but I WONT drop my Storm. The thing is simply to fun.
    03-05-09 08:32 PM
    not really impressed..Although I am frustrated as most storm owners are..imho if the storm should reach it's potential with the OS updates, I think this would be a downgrade. Waiting on the 9900 magnum rumored touchscreen/keyboard series myself.
    03-05-09 08:34 PM
    Love the storm. don't see what bugs there are. so you have to wait a second for it to flip screens or after you press a button. are we in such a hurry that we really can't wait for one second?
    Battery - I charge every night, in the car and office (via USB Cable) if needed but thats on days when I'm screwing around at work. I work in IT.... some days you don't do anything but **** off.... thats the nature of the beast.
    Storm is the first BB that I've ever had and I couldn't be happier with it.
    03-05-09 08:38 PM

I saw a post in a different thread that this would be out before a new OS update is out for the storm but I don't see how that can be since everyone in the storm forums is saying the next official update is 'right around the corner.
    I've been hearing that a new official update is *just around the the corner* since early January. So pick your poison either trust that Verizon doesn't delay the 9630's release date or rely on RIM to fix the storm's problems. Kinda like choosing the method of your execution, hanging or firing squad.
    03-05-09 08:39 PM
    PKcable... maybe you are just an iphone guy caught in a BB big-boy body. Bummer. I hate it for you.

I hate to see folks give up so easy. (It makes me hate MAC people all the more.) Seems to me that sales are good and there is A LOT of activity around every BB forum and BB board, let alone all the new theme efforts. THAT speaks to me of dedication. (way to go guys like hastings and Elycruz)

Trust me, I think RIM and Verizon screwed us in such an early release and a delayed "real" OS but I didn't give up on Windows every time Bill Gates stuck it too us.
    WE have been beta testing everything for years. Get over it.

The storm is a new animal and deserves the respect in not gettign compared to an iphone and ANY previous Blackberry.

As for me and my house... we will stick it out.
    03-05-09 08:47 PM
    I will definitely switch.

The storm is like a female celebrity. You know your going to chase it all you life. The day you have it you'll realize the time you have lost.
    03-05-09 09:01 PM
    I'm thinking I may get a Niagara as a second phone, only if it is world edition.
    03-05-09 09:07 PM
    I hate the Storm so god damn hard now.... It's a complete joke! Hardware is so frail and poorly constructed.... Software is sluggish and poorly optimized....

And you know what the worst thing about it is? I can see the potential. Just a few more months in the oven it would have been amazing! If they didn't cut corners and spent a few dollars more per device then it would have been one **** of a touch screen phone.... *sigh*
    03-06-09 12:41 AM
    Now switching out my Storm but I am upgrading another non smart phone to this, unless there turn out to be significant usues with it but I really don't see that happening.
    03-06-09 12:54 AM
238 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD