I'm just curious to see how many people are actually exchanging their Tours because of the back battery cover. I'm on day 2 with my new baby and the back battery cover is driving me more nuts then I thought! I feel ripped off. Wtf RIM, make a solid device if I'm dropping good money for it! Going to VZW tomorrow...Should I inquire about a whole new device or another cover?
    07-18-09 01:54 AM
    Slap a small peace of tape under battery cover in latch area.
    Problem solved!
    07-18-09 01:59 AM
    shouldn't have to do that!
    07-18-09 02:03 AM
    Funny how all verizon phones have that problem lol
    07-18-09 02:09 AM
    shouldn't have to do that!
    true, when i got my first storm, all four corners of the phone were not "clicking" but working properly and my brothers storm was perfect.

i read about the paper thing so i tried it and it worked (on my storm) but i was pissed because the i shouldnt be doing that..

took it back to vzw and they gave me a perfect one, but then i switched from storm to curve later cuz storm blows lol

anyways, i understand exactly what you mean, we shouldnt have to put some paper in our phones to make it work, function, and look proper.
    07-18-09 02:10 AM
    try a few covers at a store, if that doesn't fix it, ask for a new one.
    07-18-09 02:27 AM
    Everybody is different, but I would feel silly doing an exchange for a loose battery door. Perhaps I'm silly for feeling that way.
    The 8900 I'm using now has a loose door too but I fixed it with an innocase II and have been happy ever since. Moving to big red and the tour soon and will use the same solution again.
    I wonder how much frequent returns drive up the cost of future devices, but it is RIMs problem with their factory that needs fixed.
    The upside is when somebody need to do an exchange and gets a refurb, there is a good chance it will have been a good device to begin with instead of something that someone vomited on once.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 05:59 AM
    I've had no issues with the back cover
    07-18-09 06:01 AM
    I'm just curious to see how many people are actually exchanging their Tours because of the back battery cover. I'm on day 2 with my new baby and the back battery cover is driving me more nuts then I thought! I feel ripped off. Wtf RIM, make a solid device if I'm dropping good money for it! Going to VZW tomorrow...Should I inquire about a whole new device or another cover?
    Inquire about a whole new device because of the battery cover? C mon man. If it wasnt for CrackBerry or other websites of people talking about this, It wouldnt be that big of a deal because you would think its made like that.
    07-18-09 06:14 AM
    got mine yesterday and it BARELY moves so im not going to fuss
    07-18-09 06:21 AM
    Inquire about a whole new device because of the battery cover? C mon man. If it wasnt for CrackBerry or other websites of people talking about this, It wouldnt be that big of a deal because you would think its made like that.
    I gotta agree here 100%. I would bet most Storm returns were a result of people reading crap online, and now it's happening to the Tour.. people need to understand that the returns cost us all $$ in the end. Verizon and RIM aren't going to eat the cost to refurbs, or returns for something stupid, eventually it will increase service cost's and well as device pricing..

Besides, who has time to go back to the store and complain about a loose battery door, how does this affect the phone, it's usage, or the value of the product?

runs to check my battery door for a tight fit...........
    07-18-09 06:26 AM
    true, when i got my first storm, all four corners of the phone were not "clicking" but working properly and my brothers storm was perfect.

i read about the paper thing so i tried it and it worked (on my storm) but i was pissed because the i shouldnt be doing that..

took it back to vzw and they gave me a perfect one, but then i switched from storm to curve later cuz storm blows lol

anyways, i understand exactly what you mean, we shouldnt have to put some paper in our phones to make it work, function, and look proper.

It's not a good idea to put any type of insulating material over a battery that gets hot.
    07-18-09 06:41 AM
    Those that have returned and gotten it fixed....was it the phone or the cover that was causing the problem?
    07-18-09 06:56 AM
    i went to the verizon store and two of the display models had loose doors, but one didnt. i had the guy "go to the back" and swap doors, but i think he just hung out and brought out the same one, because he was like "here i fixed it" and it felt exactly the same. i wanted to cut the plastic off the display model and see if it was the fault of the phone or the cover
    07-18-09 07:00 AM
    It's completely annoying when using the device, feeling the battery door slide around like it does. I probably won't demand a new device, but I'll probably go in today to see if they can swap doors. If not, I'll probably try a little piece of thin tape like others here first. It really is annoying though...
    07-18-09 07:04 AM
    My wife has some manufaturers defects too. The factory will NOT take her back, and is somewhat rude also. But its been 22 years now and I'm almost due for my NE23.

07-18-09 07:19 AM
    Nah no need to return a BB cause the battery door is loose a lil tape does the trick

07-18-09 07:28 AM
    I hope putting tape or whatever on the battery, or behind the battery door:

1. doesn't cause any other issues,

2. isn't viewed as a modification, thereby voiding the warranty.

I'm heading out to VZW this morning to pick up a Tour, and will be looking out for battery door & trackball problems!

Wish me luck.....

07-18-09 07:52 AM
    Yep got mine in the mail 2 days ago. The back door is wiggling.. I tried to ignore it at first but all while im txtn and everything else I can feel it moving around. I feel like I paid for a well put together phone so I should get what I paid for. So I will see if I can get a new door today because this has become irritating..I wish it just had a door like the storm.. Storm door is very nice and doesnt feel cheap. But other than that love my Tour much better than the Storm
    07-18-09 08:05 AM
    Idk if anyone did this. But if u had the storm and put that paper in the back of the battery it made the screen click better. I put a couple behind the battery of the tour and the door stopped moving. Yes kinda tacky but it works and I havent time to go to verizon to get a new door. Well hope this helps someone out.. =)
    07-18-09 08:21 AM
    This is the most ridiculous thread/gripe i've ever seen. Battery door moves less than a mm, and people want to return the phone?

I'm willing to bet every person griping about this is under the age of 25.

Its no wonder this country has gone to **** in a handbasket! We've spawned a generation of whiney crybabies. Are there any real men left in this country?

God help us man!
    07-18-09 08:31 AM
    I gotta agree here 100%. I would bet most Storm returns were a result of people reading crap online, and now it's happening to the Tour.. people need to understand that the returns cost us all $$ in the end. Verizon and RIM aren't going to eat the cost to refurbs, or returns for something stupid, eventually it will increase service cost's and well as device pricing..

Besides, who has time to go back to the store and complain about a loose battery door, how does this affect the phone, it's usage, or the value of the product?

runs to check my battery door for a tight fit...........
    True. This makes me think of the several posts I've read on here about people getting their "4th or 5th" new Storm from Verizon.
    07-18-09 08:33 AM
    Ok well i'm going to say this, you can't compare the storms screen click problem to a battery door "problem". If my storm only had issues with the battery door i'd still have it, but instead my screen screwed up on 5 of 6 devices i had, i don't want to hear it was my error cause i treated the phone perfectly. Dust, clicking, and screen just stopped moving all together were my problems. SO if my tour ever had a battery door problem there would be no chance i'd go into the store and change it...why? because it doesn't change anything to do with the phone. I'd put the tape and move on, i think i'd be embarrassed to ask for a new phone because a piece of plastic didn't fit into another piece "snugly". sorry for the mini-rant but thats just my 2 cents.
    07-18-09 08:45 AM
    The back cover is slightly loose on the Tour. I bought a case for it. Don't feel it anymore.
    07-18-09 08:48 AM
    Just use some tape. The .59 cent fix.

07-18-09 08:59 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD