I was just wondering how many people would train their storm for the tour.
    06-15-09 09:27 PM
    I would in a heartbeat, although I'm not planning on getting a Tour.
    06-15-09 09:30 PM
    I would...I mean I like the Storm's screen but I'd be willing to give it up for a keyboard
    06-15-09 09:32 PM
    Yes! I want my keyboard back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 09:34 PM
    absolutely!!!
    06-15-09 09:38 PM
    you better believe it.. in a new york minute.. love the storm but would love a keyboard even more..
    06-15-09 09:40 PM
    I probably wouldn't trade it..
    06-15-09 10:19 PM
    I am a little confused, how is this phone so much like the storm? i thought this was an upgraded curve. Sorry i am a little new to the blackberry thing and i just got a curve less than a month ago but am thinking about turning it back in and waiting for this phone to come out.
    06-15-09 10:25 PM
    my storm is going on ebay as soon as the tour comes out
    06-15-09 10:25 PM
    Don't care for the small screen.
    06-15-09 10:27 PM
    I am a little confused, how is this phone so much like the storm? i thought this was an upgraded curve. Sorry i am a little new to the blackberry thing and i just got a curve less than a month ago but am thinking about turning it back in and waiting for this phone to come out.
    From what i understand its looks like the storm looks wise but supposedly is faster browsing the internet and i sure the user interface is tremendously better than the storm. i think it will be more like the bold... however with out the Wifi which is a bigger bummer but verizon is stingy and they love crippling their phones, and who knows why. About the storm still needs a little more work, don't get me wrong i love the hardware but i hate the software that's why i replacing mine with the tour when it comes out
    06-15-09 10:31 PM
    my storm is going on ebay as soon as the tour comes out
    Why? just say that you have problems (which im sure will be easy to find) do that two times and on your third time ask for the tour. what happens is you ill be issued a multifroo ( i think that's how you spell it) i have been throught htis many times and i been thought 4 storms. i guess it cuz i don't have good luck, but it played out nicely
    06-15-09 10:34 PM
    No way, the Storm is the best BB, biggest screen and keyboard.
    06-15-09 10:34 PM
    No way, the Storm is the best BB, biggest screen and keyboard.
    I liked my Storm but i have so many problems with it, that number one being the keyboard lag. bu i will miss the big screen. that was a plus
    06-15-09 10:36 PM
    From what i understand its looks like the storm looks wise but supposedly is faster browsing the internet and i sure the user interface is tremendously better than the storm. i think it will be more like the bold... however with out the Wifi which is a bigger bummer but verizon is stingy and they love crippling their phones, and who knows why. About the storm still needs a little more work, don't get me wrong i love the hardware but i hate the software that's why i replacing mine with the tour when it comes out
    I still dont understand how it is closer to the storm than the curve, i mean the storm has a touch keyboard and this looks almost identical from the outside to the curve.
    06-15-09 10:38 PM
    I'm planning on buying a tour and keepin my stormie and switch bw the 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 04:48 AM
    I wouldn't trade, but I also wouldn't mind having both.
    06-16-09 07:52 AM
    I'm going to wait until I play with the Tour before I make a decision. I'd like to trade if I really like the Tour but I may have to wait for the Storm 2. Or I have an unused line on my plan, so maybe I'll keep both. So many decisions
    06-16-09 07:59 AM
    I still dont understand how it is closer to the storm than the curve, i mean the storm has a touch keyboard and this looks almost identical from the outside to the curve.
    The actual hardware inside of it is nearly identical to the Storm. Besides the touch screen or the keyboard, the Storm and the Tour are basically the same phone.
    06-16-09 08:05 AM
    The actual hardware inside of it is nearly identical to the Storm. Besides the touch screen or the keyboard, the Storm and the Tour are basically the same phone.
    Except the app memory and OS?

I'll trade, for sure...hopefully a little early...gotta love "corporate"
    06-16-09 08:07 AM
    I traded my Storm for a Pearl
    06-16-09 08:07 AM
    The Tour pretty much has all the same Guts. The only real difference is the surepress screen vs the keyboard
    06-16-09 08:21 AM
    I'm searching and looking things up on this as I type, but I'm throwing the question out there as well - because I must have missed something.

Pretty sure (ref. CX) the Tour "should" have 4.7.1.x ("maybe" 5.x but probably not) and more app memory - which are two pretty big "changes" as far as I'm concerned...

Edit #1:
    Well, 5.0 works well, but more than likely it will launch with a very good optimized version of 4.7.1.
    Edit #2: From the Tour FAQ page (Device vs Application) - Storm 192-128 and Tour 256-128 (says 130 but I'm going to go with 128, lol). Therefore, the Tour has more device memory to run current/built-in apps over the Storm.

By no means am I saying I'm right, but these facts point toward the Tour being a better phone in OS AND memory.
    Last edited by pi_admin; 06-16-09 at 09:01 AM.
    06-16-09 08:35 AM
    I'm searching and looking things up on this as I type, but I'm throwing the question out there as well - because I must have missed something.

Pretty sure (ref. CX) the Tour "should" have 4.7.1.x ("maybe" 5.x but probably not) and more app memory - which are two pretty big "changes" as far as I'm concerned...

Edit #1:

Edit #2: From the Tour FAQ page (Device vs Application) - Storm 192-128 and Tour 256-128 (says 130 but I'm going to go with 128, lol). Therefore, the Tour has more device memory to run current/built-in apps over the Storm.

By no means am I saying I'm right, but these facts point toward the Tour being a better phone in OS AND memory.
    I am hoping so i the storm was my first smart phone and blackberry... i love the os but i hate how i can hardly have more than three apps on my phone without feeling the consequences, anyone else in the same boat.
    06-16-09 09:47 AM
    I would for sure.

How much do you think a "like-new" Storm would go for on eBay?
    06-16-09 09:53 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD