I am seriously considering getting the 9630 and my contract for my current cell phone with Bell should be finished around the end of August, so I should be able to upgrade. Anyway back in Februrary I was able to get the 8330 however I had problems with the two models I had since they turned themselves off and back on, so I had Bell re-activate my previous cell phone. Now because there might be problems with any BlackBerry and since this will be a brand new one, how long would you wait to get it? This time I plan to do my homework and read as many reviews and watch video reviews, so I know that I am making the right decision.
    05-27-09 07:30 PM
    I am seriously considering getting the 9630 and my contract for my current cell phone with Bell should be finished around the end of August, so I should be able to upgrade. Anyway back in Februrary I was able to get the 8330 however I had problems with the two models I had since they turned themselves off and back on, so I had Bell re-activate my previous cell phone. Now because there might be problems with any BlackBerry and since this will be a brand new one, how long would you wait to get it? This time I plan to do my homework and read as many reviews and watch video reviews, so I know that I am making the right decision.
    I think if you wait two weeks, you'll know pretty much everything you want to know if you stick to this forum. You'll hear about all the good things and all the bad things.
    05-27-09 07:50 PM
    I plan on getting one as soon as I can get my hands on one. I don't have a dingleberry right now. I'm eligible for an upgrade now, but want to wait for the new model, so I'm just going to jump in with both feet. I think you still get a "trial period" of 14 days or so with the upgrade, so the phone can always be returned if it is a nightmare to use.
    05-27-09 07:51 PM
    When is it going be released specifcally in Canada? I keep checking the Bell website and they don't have it listed.
    05-27-09 07:51 PM
    Agreed. Two weeks is a good time frame. That way you get to see how people who just jump right in...lol react to the phone. Also, it's enough time to do your research

I think if you wait two weeks, you'll know pretty much everything you want to know if you stick to this forum. You'll hear about all the good things and all the bad things.
    05-27-09 07:55 PM
    you can learn everything about it before it comes out but if your going off of finding out whats bad about it.

its not going to be as clumbsy as a launch as the storm was..

but it might not be perfect right off the bat either..
    05-27-09 07:57 PM
    I plan on waiting exactly 0 days to buy the phone from date of release.
    05-27-09 08:14 PM
    I will wait til it comes out and no longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 08:21 PM
    probably no longer than two weeks. Personally i dont like waiting in lines for just released phones.
    05-27-09 08:40 PM
    probably no longer than two weeks. Personally i dont like waiting in lines for just released phones.
    I plan on being at a verizon store the day it launches....selling my storm now and going back to a dumb phone in the meantime...
    05-27-09 08:43 PM
    I'm getting it day 1!!!!!!!
    05-27-09 09:09 PM
    I'm getting it day 1!!!!!!!

me 2 and not a day later
    05-27-09 09:35 PM
    Probably a couple of weeks. By then I'm sure there will be plenty of comments to read on crackberry about it. I plan on waiting a week or so before getting mine
    05-27-09 10:20 PM
    I plan on getting one as soon as I can get my hands on one. I don't have a dingleberry right now. I'm eligible for an upgrade now, but want to wait for the new model, so I'm just going to jump in with both feet. I think you still get a "trial period" of 14 days or so with the upgrade, so the phone can always be returned if it is a nightmare to use.
    The trial period for upgrades is 30 days actually IIRC
    05-27-09 10:48 PM
    I definitely want to get it on release day also!!!!
    05-27-09 11:25 PM
    I hope the supply situation is good. I will probably try for a couple days after launch.

05-28-09 02:50 AM
    I definitely want to get it on release day also!!!!

are you switching carriers for it?
    05-28-09 03:27 AM
    are you switching carriers for it?
    Well I could since I'm not contracted with att right now or just get it and use my bold and the tour at the same time, I get a pretty good sevice discount on att since I'm on a retail plan or I could wait till it comes out for sprint as I also get the same retail discount

Last edited by squishymango; 05-28-09 at 03:38 AM.
    05-28-09 03:31 AM
    Well I could since I'm not contracted with att right now or just get it and use my bold and the tour at the same time, I get a pretty good sevice discount on att since I'm on a retail plan or I could wait till it comes out for sprint as I also get the same retail discount

bah when I wrote that it slipped my mind that its a world phone and can siply be unlocked duh...

05-28-09 04:47 AM
    Day 1 of the release I will be all over it
    05-28-09 09:20 AM
    I'll order it in the first week thru work, our Corp sales guy is pretty cool and since we only have 2 phone models for our employees to use we get all types of reup credits (IT doesn't want too many phone models to get confused). It allows my boss and myself to get the latest greatest whenever it comes out.
    05-28-09 09:21 AM
    My next upgrade is at the end of October, so hopefully it will have already been out on the market by then. I'm willing to wait until then - let others work out the bugs first.
    05-28-09 09:30 AM
    me 2 and not a day later
    Same hear can't wait

05-28-09 09:45 AM
    release day.
    05-28-09 10:15 AM
    It really depends on how quickly I can throw my Storm against the wall...........
    05-28-09 11:19 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD