Hello,
    I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how to go about loading Italian in my phone. I know it isn't a new phone, but I plan to use it in Italy and give it to my brother who does not speak any English.
    I have a BB 9630 software version 5.0 bundle 1061.
    I downloaded this file 501_b049_multilanguage_nomediamanager.exe but I don't really know how to load it in my phone.

Before downloading this file, I downloaded whatever Verizon had on its site for BB. When I read the instructions for uploading it in the BB it said this:
    Devices that are NOT associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or with BlackBerry Professional Software can add additional languages by following the steps below and performing a web-based upgrade at BlackBerry Software Updates.
    I am not associated with such things, so I assume it would not work. That is when I found the file on another site, torrent I think and downloaded it.

I went to the web based place and got totally lost and confused.
    Again, if anyone knows how to do it I would be truly grateful. ciao
    01-20-13 09:36 PM
    here's a way to get the italian language installed. you would need to download the os for your BB (5.0 bundle xxxx) and install it on your computer. be sure to remove the vendor.xml file after doing so (recommend using a program called vendelete+ (google it and crackberry is the first link) ). then you would need to run the desktop software or the apploader to install the languages to your BB.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    01-20-13 11:19 PM
    hi,
    thanks for the reply. Now if I have the BB desktop software installed, does it mean I have the os already installed? I looked for that file you spoke about and I found it.. does it mean the software is already on my pc? I will look for the vendelete+ program. If you don't mind, could you give me a bit more specific information on how to do it? Steps would be nice.. if you can. I haven't done this before and I would not want to brick the phone just because I am guessing. Thank you so much for your help. ciao
    01-21-13 03:31 PM