hi,

this is my very first post and i was just wondering how to keep the music playing when i get the text. so when i receive a text, music stops for a bit to notify me that i did receive a text, but when the notification is over, the song replays from the beginning... does anyone have this problem? or did i chansome setting to cause this? please help me out..

and i have the trackball problem. gets stuck while scrolling horizontally.
    only had the phoenf or about two months. I do not want a refurbished one so i was wondering if there is a way for me to get a NEW one instead of the refurbished one... hope anybody could help...

thanks in advance!
    11-25-09 12:31 AM
    the issue got fixed by updating the software but trackball problem remains.
    anyhelp?
    11-25-09 12:59 AM
    For your trackball problem: There are a bunch of threads on it as you know, and there are always debates about getting a refurbished phone vs a new phone. Here's the thing... You won't be able to tell the difference between a refurb and a new phone. The refurbs are fixed by the techs and inspected to be identical to a new device. I received a refurb about a week ago, and it came with the plastic seals on the phone and everything, no scratches at all, nothing. It's a new phone, don't be bothered by the word refurbished. And it has no problems with the trackball. And honestly, your Tour is not "new" being that it's more than a month old, so you have to think of it that way. For them to keep handing out new Tours like candy would be a little absurd when the refurbs look the same and have the problem fixed (well, at least now it seems the grand majority of Tours have the problem fixed).

So yeah, just get the refurb man, trust me you won't be able to tell a difference. People think the word refurbished means used and second hand, but it's identical to a new device really.

You want to call this number from a landline and tell them you are having trackball issues: 1-866-406-5154

That's the fulfillment center, don't call *611. GL.
    11-25-09 08:49 AM
    Wow that was a good post

Also try changing your settings so the horizontal sensativity is increased. To some that helps and to others it dosent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 08:56 AM
    It's helped slightly with mine, but yes I've also developed the stupid trackball problem after about 2 months. This better not be a two month cycle.

Can you just backup the old one and restore to the new one using desktop manager?
    11-25-09 09:21 AM
    I was told by a friends at verizon (he's a tech) that if you use a can of compressed air it should clen the trackball. He said he did it and it worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 09:30 AM
    Tried that.... didn't do much.
    11-25-09 09:38 AM
    hi,

this is my very first post and i was just wondering how to keep the music playing when i get the text. so when i receive a text, music stops for a bit to notify me that i did receive a text, but when the notification is over, the song replays from the beginning... does anyone have this problem? or did i chansome setting to cause this? please help me out..

and i have the trackball problem. gets stuck while scrolling horizontally.
    only had the phoenf or about two months. I do not want a refurbished one so i was wondering if there is a way for me to get a NEW one instead of the refurbished one... hope anybody could help...

thanks in advance!
    Buy Berry Popup from the Crackberry Store and the music issue will go away. Clean the trackball with a tothbrush and a very light amount of purell instand hand sanitizer, the one that evaporates.
    11-25-09 11:03 AM
    thanks for the great post. the reason for it is that i never had good luck with refub phones. my previous phone was omnia and refurbished phone has so much problem and i prolly went through seven.... i am sure refurbished ones are fine i just wanna keep mine to see if it would work. i looked through the post to try it myself, but i do not wish to break mine.... so yeah... i tried sensitivity and didnt work but maybe i will try the other methods... thanks alot guys... hope there is a fix that blackberry will come out with... little dissapointing on my first blackberry..
    11-25-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD