I got a new Verizon Tour!

Here's MY story.

As of this morning, I was a Storm owner. Honestly the Storm's a great phone but I just needed a physical keyboard. I purchased the phone back in December, hopefully, I thought, this would give me some credibility at the VZW Store.

So I headed over to the store and explained to the guy my situation, he said I could not get any other phone at the upgrade price at the moment (obviously) because it hasn't even been a year.

He suggested that I waited to December, for it to be a year, then I could get a one year discount (2 year activation price + 20$). So I thought I might do that, but then I had an idea.

I asked him about adding another line to my current account for only 9.99.

He said I could get the Tour for the 2 year activation price on this second line which will only cost me 10 extra $ a month. Brilliant! So now I have a Storm which I have to sell to someone, but that's another story. So I walked out of there with the new Tour and I love it. No problems so far!

Not to mention I found out that I get a 17% discount off my monthly bill from my work! So my bill ended up being ~20$ cheaper per month. Hurray.

There aren't many times you walk out of a phone store feeling <happy>
    08-10-09 10:43 PM
    so your not going to cancel the other line I take it? 9.99 X 24mnths = 239.76 + tax.. and your going to need another phone to replace the line your selling the storm on

You may be better off paying the etf
    Last edited by NADA918; 08-10-09 at 10:58 PM.
    08-10-09 10:55 PM
    Actually - someone's going to use that line and pay me the money. And they have their own phone.
    08-10-09 11:08 PM
    I got mine free, i guess thats what they give me for work for a major record company.
    08-10-09 11:11 PM
    I got mine free I had a bunch of replacement storms so they let me swap it out with the tour on release day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 11:15 PM
    I got mine free I had a bunch of replacement storms so they let me swap it out with the tour on release day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    second that, only i got my tour last week. couldnt be happier!
    08-10-09 11:45 PM
    i had the same scenario. ended up adding a line cuz couldnt wait until september for contract to be up. will cancel other line when it comes. got tour for about 317. gotta mail in 70 mail in rebate. ahhh good stuff.
    08-11-09 02:11 AM
    Actually - someone's going to use that line and pay me the money. And they have their own phone.
    Just be careful about that person's usage on your plan, if they make more calls then you bargained for it will cost you a lot more than money. Otherwise pretty good plan and you got what you wanted.

I actually ordered mine yesterday, using my Verizon rebate funds to pay most of it and wanted to get a MiFi2200 to replace my UM175 modem. The CS Rep couldn't but made a note and suggested I call back in October for the NE2 upgrade price so, hey 2 more months and I get a $400 modem for $99, I think I can wait.
    08-11-09 09:21 AM
    Just be careful about that person's usage on your plan, if they make more calls then you bargained for it will cost you a lot more than money. Otherwise pretty good plan and you got what you wanted.

I actually ordered mine yesterday, using my Verizon rebate funds to pay most of it and wanted to get a MiFi2200 to replace my UM175 modem. The CS Rep couldn't but made a note and suggested I call back in October for the NE2 upgrade price so, hey 2 more months and I get a $400 modem for $99, I think I can wait.
    Its not a 400 modem. Dealer cost on the modem is 260. And if you have an NE2 it should be 50 after rebate.
    08-11-09 09:47 AM
    Well I can't wait to get mine, right after I get done battling Sprint over my rebate that I'm supposed to have coming. I liked my 8330 but I can't frickin wait to get the Tour
    08-11-09 10:04 AM
    I have 4 lines on my account so I got mine using one of those upgrades. But my Tour only cost me 99.99 directly from Verizon.
    08-11-09 10:25 AM
    Your actually better off putting the Tour on the first line and having that person take over that second line by buying it completely. I had done this for a friend to get the storm for $50.00 bucks. I added a line and then 2 days later she took that line and opened her own account. Now I'm not paying for an extra line. Just a thought!

Just don't want to see u on Judge Mathis!!!
    09-07-09 11:52 AM
    Careful switching lines with that phone too, it could void your warranty.
    09-07-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD