I have had a blackberry storm since december with a 2 year contract. I am on my 5th bb storm. Today i called verizon and explain how tied i was of it and i was preparing to switch to a different carrier where i could get a better phone and they asked my what they could do to make this better and i said that the only phone i would want would be the blackberry tour, they then said give me a minite and put me on hold..... 25 minutes later!!!!! "Well hears what i can do for you, i can give you a bb tour but you will have to pay the 200$ upgrade fee and sign another 2 year agreement." " i said no thank you i would rather spend the 175$ to cancel my contract" " well just hold on a minute let me talk to my superviser" 20 minutes later "okay we can give you the tour for free but you will have to extend your contract one more year" I then said ok " They then said we can not pre order it for you due to how our system works but it will be ordered on the 12th and you will recive it by the 14th, you will also have to send back your storm." and i said ok and thats that i will be getting my free tour on the 14th.

UPDATE: I read a few posts and saw that some people were getting the deal without a contract renewal so i called today and they said that since my blackberry storm was not a year old it would not be extended so the first person that talked to me did not know what they were talking about.
    Last edited by alex5252; 07-06-09 at 09:25 PM.
    07-05-09 10:07 PM
    lucky you hope you enjoy it
    07-05-09 10:27 PM
    Im on track for the same deal. I talked to a rep the other day and got my storm replacement but its oviously still buggy. He told me to call back if there is anything wrong with it, and I will first thing tomorow. Hopefully everything goes well and I get the same deal as you.
    07-05-09 10:37 PM
    haha same deal here too. but no contract extension!
    07-05-09 10:48 PM
    How are you guys getting so lucky??? I get turned down and offered a refurb every time
    07-05-09 11:02 PM
    Yea no kidding same thing they offer a refurbished one
    07-05-09 11:22 PM
    Going on my 5th storm since June 25th. I called tonight to complain, Im getting offered a free upgrade to the tour, but I may have to pay the difference. Evidently a lot of people have had problems with the storm and verizon is gladly looking to stop the constant calls.
    07-05-09 11:33 PM
    damn, how the heck are ya'll gettin to your 5th storms??? i thought VZW policy was after 3 replacements, they automatically upgrade you to another model....but since the storm is the most current, until now, i thought they would you let you choose another model....
    Last edited by SupaBlackB; 07-06-09 at 08:28 AM.
    07-05-09 11:37 PM
    Got my Tour for FREE! Here's how...
    I will be out of the country when the Tour comes out. I had heard you can get a loaner phone from Verizon for "world travel." I called and set up to have them send me the BB 8830 World Edition phone. While I was on the phone the rep asked if I wanted to pre order the Tour, I said sure. She then said because I was going through the "world phone support" line she could give a $50.00 credit on top of the $50.00 Verizon BlackBerry credit Verizon is offering. So, with my new every two discount of $100.00, plus the $100.00 credits... FREE PHONE!

I win.
    07-05-09 11:41 PM
    haha same deal here too. but no contract extension!
    same

10 char
    07-06-09 12:39 AM
    I was offered a device to replace my Storm but they wouldn't offer the Tour in it's place as it's a new and even unreleased device. I plan to try again if the new Storm is a dud like I'm assuming it will be.

[I'm awaiting my 5th device since April 10th which is when I purchased the device]
    07-06-09 12:47 AM
    I have had a blackberry storm since december with a 2 year contract. I am on my 5th bb storm. Today i called verizon and explain how tied i was of it and i was preparing to switch to a different carrier where i could get a better phone and they asked my what they could do to make this better and i said that the only phone i would want would be the blackberry tour, they then said give me a minite and put me on hold..... 25 minutes later!!!!! "Well hears what i can do for you, i can give you a bb tour but you will have to pay the 200$ upgrade fee and sign another 2 year agreement." " i said no thank you i would rather spend the 175$ to cancel my contract" " well just hold on a minute let me talk to my superviser" 20 minutes later "okay we can give you the tour for free but you will have to extend your contract one more year" I then said ok " They then said we can not pre order it for you due to how our system works but it will be ordered on the 12th and you will recive it by the 14th, you will also have to send back your storm." and i said ok and thats that i will be getting my free tour on the 14th.
    By you getting the phone the way you did, you're upgrade will change to be pushed out until 2011, most likely. Plus, you're NE2 won't be $100. It'll either be $50 for primary # in fam share or $30 on a single line plan.
    Last edited by babyface35762; 07-06-09 at 01:03 AM.
    07-06-09 12:49 AM
    damn, how the **** are ya'll gettin to your 5th storms??? i thought VZW policy was after 3 replacements, they automatically upgrade you to another model....but since the storm is the most current, until now, i thought they would you let you choose another model....
    Most likely it wasn't done within certain time period.
    07-06-09 12:52 AM
    i turned it down but i wish i could keep my storm and then pay $200 for the storm that I would do. I love my storm i can't give up that screen.
    07-06-09 12:57 AM
    damn, how the **** are ya'll gettin to your 5th storms??? i thought VZW policy was after 3 replacements, they automatically upgrade you to another model....but since the storm is the most current, until now, i thought they would you let you choose another model....
    Until recently, what could they upgrade us to? The rest of the BlackBerry models are not 3G from what I've been told but that may be off. The HTC Touch Pro has it's own set of issues caused by Verizon bricking it with less memory than any other carrier. What real option do any of us have until the Tour? I'm hoping my Storm arrives this week in good working order. I'd hate to switch devices because I really like the big screen.
    07-06-09 12:58 AM
    this is the same with me, i am on my 5th replacement, with this screen being non responsive, they told me to call back on the 12th for the replacement, i don't care if i don't have to send back my storm, and extend my contract, this phone just hasn't been up to what i need in a business phone, and for 5 legitimate reasons to replace, it's just terrible.
    07-06-09 01:34 AM
    This is just insane to me. I've had sh***y phones too (anyone remember the Chocolate)?? And everyone I know who had one HATED it. My friend was on her 3rd and it was acting up. She did everthing short of assaulting a VZW manager (or maybe she kinda did...) but they'd only offer her a replacement Chocolate. Idk how you guys are getting these sweet deals!! Although...I got my 1k bill taken down to $250 once so I guess I get the love too....
    07-06-09 02:44 AM
    This is just insane to me. I've had sh***y phones too (anyone remember the Chocolate)?? And everyone I know who had one HATED it. My friend was on her 3rd and it was acting up. She did everthing short of assaulting a VZW manager (or maybe she kinda did...) but they'd only offer her a replacement Chocolate. Idk how you guys are getting these sweet deals!! Although...I got my 1k bill taken down to $250 once so I guess I get the love too....
    I'm not sure how she didn't get anything solved. I've always been able to get my way whether it was T-Mobile, Verizon, Microsoft or any other company that I felt should compensate me when a product was bad. My account is noted so I can get a different phone at the price difference and then they will cut the price in half. I'm just hoping this next Storm works well but the Tour may be my next device in the near future if all else fails. At times, you must go the extra mile with the representative. Unless it's Microsoft, I tend to keep my cool and let the representative know that I'm extremely frustrated with the current situation and I'd like to take this in a different direction than normal. Usually the representative will tell me I seem very calm and I tend to tell them that I don't feel yelling at them will get anything settled. I make sure my frustration and concerns are heard but not at the aggravation of the person on the other side of the phone. It work wonders for me.
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 07-06-09 at 04:00 AM.
    07-06-09 03:53 AM
    yeah same story here, but I'm on my 11th storm. I had to also threaten to leave verizon in order to get a free Tour, they also wanted me to pay the 200 bucks and a 2 year contact, same as me I turned that down and now its a free Tour. The only thing different is that they told me I can do whatever I want with my current storm. I'll sell it on e-bay or something
    07-06-09 07:29 AM
    you can't be an as* when you call up verizon to complain to get a new phone. You have to be respectful but also know at the same time the trouble you have been having with your phone. If you be an as*, there not going to help you out much at all, just as I wouldnt help anyone out much either if they were an as* to me. Just be respectful, repect goes a long way.
    07-06-09 07:33 AM
    Until recently, what could they upgrade us to? The rest of the BlackBerry models are not 3G from what I've been told but that may be off. The HTC Touch Pro has it's own set of issues caused by Verizon bricking it with less memory than any other carrier. What real option do any of us have until the Tour? I'm hoping my Storm arrives this week in good working order. I'd hate to switch devices because I really like the big screen.
    Actually, all of VZW's blackberries are 3G. Your options would be the 8330, BB Pearl Flip, Omnia, Touch Diamond, and Touch Pro.
    07-06-09 08:05 AM
    yeah same story here, but I'm on my 11th storm. I had to also threaten to leave verizon in order to get a free Tour, they also wanted me to pay the 200 bucks and a 2 year contact, same as me I turned that down and now its a free Tour. The only thing different is that they told me I can do whatever I want with my current storm. I'll sell it on e-bay or something
    11th???? ELEVENTH???? like 1 more after 10???? yo, after three i would have just gone with like a WinMo phone or something...11??????? smh....
    07-06-09 08:33 AM
    Got my Tour for FREE! Here's how...
    I will be out of the country when the Tour comes out. I had heard you can get a loaner phone from Verizon for "world travel." I called and set up to have them send me the BB 8830 World Edition phone. While I was on the phone the rep asked if I wanted to pre order the Tour, I said sure. She then said because I was going through the "world phone support" line she could give a $50.00 credit on top of the $50.00 Verizon BlackBerry credit Verizon is offering. So, with my new every two discount of $100.00, plus the $100.00 credits... FREE PHONE!

I win.
    what is this 50 buck verizon blackberry credit that you refer to?
    07-06-09 08:33 AM
    Your 11th Storm? Seriously? That's a little extreme... what was wrong with all 11 of them?
    07-06-09 08:46 AM
    I'm getting a Tour with no change in contract and no $ out of pocket. From a Storm - and I'm still on my first (rather fight with what I know than get a different phone with different problems). Just need to know who to talk to
    07-06-09 08:49 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD