Im having the trackball problem with my tour im just skeptical on what to do. Im on my parents plan, im 17, im wondering who do i call? Verizon or Blackberry? Also what kind of information will i need to give them, and how do i return my defective blackberry after receiving the green dot? And will i have to take it to verizon to get it activated or just swap the sim card? Thanks. Im sure all your answers will be helpful to others as well.
    Last edited by dplatt7756; 08-29-09 at 10:53 PM.
    08-29-09 10:44 PM
    Your Verizon has a SIM card?
    08-29-09 10:55 PM
    Well just this blackberry, i wouldnt really call it a sim card idk. Global Sim card? lol
    08-29-09 11:00 PM
    You need to call verizon and tell them your problems with the trackball and they will understand because its a known problem with all the tours. They will give you full instructions on how to return your old tour and no you can just call to activate your new tour...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 11:01 PM
    Should i call a local verizon store? Or some other customer service number?
    08-29-09 11:07 PM
    Should i call a local verizon store? Or some other customer service number?
    *611 should do nicely. I find it is usually easier to do this sort of thing over the phone compared to in person.

08-29-09 11:09 PM
    Alright thanks. Will i need to give them my dads social to confirm everything?
    08-29-09 11:15 PM
    Alright thanks. Will i need to give them my dads social to confirm everything?
    Yes, you'll be asked to key in the last four digits of your dad's social (assuming he's the name on the account).
    08-29-09 11:32 PM
    I have called 3 different times and every time the CS rep acted if they never heard of green dot or trackball issues. Went to local store and got a new Tour but no green dot and by that evening ny trackball was loose and worse than my first Tour. What are you supposed to say when cs plays dumb, "You better give me a green dot, don't act like you don't know what I talking about".

08-29-09 11:42 PM
    Just get a new phone. This green dot nonsense is meaningless. There all the same whether its a green dot or not.

08-30-09 12:41 AM
    From what I was told that anything shipped refurb or new after 8-16-09 will have the trackball issues out of the way. Just found out my phones headphone jack doesn't work. I can only hear it if I wiggle the jack.
    08-30-09 02:07 AM
    I think that most if not all of the Tours shipped mid-late August have the problems fixed.
    08-30-09 05:23 PM
    I think that most if not all of the Tours shipped mid-late August have the problems fixed.
    That's good, because I just called VZW; they're sending me out a new/refurb Tour to fix the trackball problem. I also have the battery door problem (my Tour was purchased on 7/21), but they said to try my old door on the new unit to see if it will fit more snugly. If it doesn't, they told me to call back and they'll send me a new cover.

Mike
    08-30-09 06:27 PM
    You call Verizon and let them know your trackball isn't working. It's very simple. I'm sure the 611 number will work, but I was in the store and saw a special 1-866-number and called that. Unfortunately it was with the old Tour so I don't have the number
    08-30-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD