Ok so we've all seen the posts about how people got these sweet deals for the Tour.
    I've seen people claim they got the tour on a 1 yr contract for $99.

How did you go about doing this? And if you spoke to customer services what did you say to them?

This will be very helpful to everyone trying to get the phone (as well as myself )

Thank you in advance!
    07-15-09 12:21 AM
    I had my new every 2 year renewal. So I only had to pay 115.00 after taxes. So yes it can be done.
    07-15-09 12:28 AM
    Most people had NE2 discounts. I had 50 dollars for NE2 discount and another 50 dollar gift card (rebate from my other line) so I only paid 99 for the Tour on a 2 year and I get to upgrade annually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 12:30 AM
    This thread wasnt made for people to just tell the good prices they got..
    I'm asking what did you do to get your prices?

(It's hard to believe a lot of these claims.. "They paid me $50 to take the phone and gave me movie tickets! It was crazy but it happened!")
    07-15-09 10:30 AM
    I called up a CSR, told them I wanted to upgrade to the Tour and she just rattling off what I was eligible for, NE2, $50 VIP discount, $70 mail-in rebate.

Really did nothing on my part and when all is said and done it'll be $115 after tax. About $99 before taxes.

Getting Tour tomorrow so still stuck with my 8830 thus why the device hasn't been updated yet.
    07-15-09 10:36 AM
    Pricing depends on many things. When you are eligible for an upgrade VIP status contract you are on etc.......

07-15-09 10:39 AM
    Pricing depends on many things. When you are eligible for an upgrade VIP status contract you are on etc.......

Actually eligible on the 21st
    07-15-09 10:51 AM
    Go to Best Buy. $150 for a 2 yr upgrade...$99 for a new account.
    07-15-09 10:55 AM
    Im looking for the best deal possible with a 1yr contract
    07-15-09 11:07 AM
    I think for 1YR u wont able to cut any deal
    07-15-09 11:09 AM
    Go to Best Buy. $150 for a 2 yr upgrade...$99 for a new account.
    I've seen this from a few people. However, if you go to bestbuy.com, it's $199 for upgrade, $149 for new account. Does the above reflect a $50 NE2 discount, as well? I also saw a post where someone claimed they were able to get the $70 mail-in rebate, as well......although, it's impossible that they could have received the rebate already.
    07-15-09 11:17 AM
    what is NE2?
    07-15-09 11:18 AM
    I was walking along one day, and saw a Verizon Wireless store.

I popped on in, and said, "Val, hit me with a Tour, price match the website for me to boot!"

"Don't forget my Business discount, yo!", I exclaimed.

As I sign on the dotted line for $137.xx I tel Val, "Yo man, Thanks!"

Not realizing until I got into the car that the cheeky guy charged me an Early upgrade fee, knowing that I am a Business customer, I don't have to pay that. So I ring on up Verizon, and say. "Yo Dawg, I dont need to beez payin dis 15 bucks, Credit Plz?" Bam two minutes later, I had a 20$ credit on the line.

Moral of the story? $117.00ish with a 2 year extension 12 months in to a 2 year contract.

Thank you.
    07-15-09 11:24 AM
    yeah your best option is to just call in and b*tch and moan to CSR or tech and they can usually do something especially if you have a storm. I wouldnt say you can call and say hi. the password is tour sesame. Its not so easy but if you call and ***** about it, and say you're thinking about att or tmo you might be able to the love cust retention
    07-15-09 11:28 AM
    I've seen this from a few people. However, if you go to bestbuy.com, it's $199 for upgrade, $149 for new account. Does the above reflect a $50 NE2 discount, as well? I also saw a post where someone claimed they were able to get the $70 mail-in rebate, as well......although, it's impossible that they could have received the rebate already.
    That does not reflect the NE2 discount. I was not eligible for the discount, only the 2 yr promo price. $149. So much better than VZW store. You get some reward zone points....and you can put it on your Best Buy credit card.
    07-15-09 11:43 AM
    Where does it show if ur got vip status? Think I looked on myverizon and didn't see it
    07-15-09 12:02 PM
    what is NE2?
    New every 2.
    07-15-09 12:55 PM
    New every 2.
    what does that mean?
    07-15-09 12:57 PM
    I just went to a verizon shop - when I asked what my price would be on the phone, I was told that I was too early for my renewal but there was also an additional $20.00 fee for EARLY renewal.

So not only no discount but a penalty for early renewal. I did not press the issue. I can visualize something like "We would drop the $20 early fee" leaving the phone still $50 too much.

Guess I continue to read about flaws and bugs and wait...

ne2 or new every two - means you are able to upgrade to a new phone every two years at some discounted price. Altho, apparently "new every two" actually may mean 4 months less than 24 months???? And now it may mean, $20 more if you try too early.
    Last edited by F2; 07-15-09 at 01:47 PM.
    07-15-09 01:45 PM
    We have a large business account and get them for $149.99 no contract extension.
    07-15-09 02:39 PM
    what does that mean?
    Every two years you are able to buy a new device at the 2yr contract price.
    07-15-09 02:43 PM
    I called up a CSR, told them I wanted to upgrade to the Tour and she just rattling off what I was eligible for, NE2, $50 VIP discount, $70 mail-in rebate.

Really did nothing on my part and when all is said and done it'll be $115 after tax. About $99 before taxes.

Getting Tour tomorrow so still stuck with my 8830 thus why the device hasn't been updated yet.
    wait so the VIP can work with the NE2 as well?!! i thought you could only use one. wait so doest his mean i'm getting 100 off for NE2 and 50 for VIP?
    07-15-09 02:48 PM
    Where does it show if ur got vip status? Think I looked on myverizon and didn't see it
    you can look at the VIP rules on their website to see if you qualify. i have it and it doesn't say it on my verizon. i found out through the mail.
    07-15-09 02:49 PM
    Being a sales manager at verizon if you have just a standard upgrade with NO NE2 discounts the lowest that you will probably get this for in store is 199.99... if you were a new line a much different story... new 2 line price is 270 with a 70 rebate... upgrade price would be 299.99 with a 70 rebate... so if you can find a rep or manager hurting for a deal you might be able to pull off 150 after rebate... it just depends on the person really... you may or may not come out on top... its a new device so they may not be willing to move on the price... lowest I allow my reps to go is 179.99 after a 70 rebate on upgrades... on new lines 149.99 after rebate... bottom line staying profitable... and typically your local store and the manager will throw out the mail in rebate and then just give you an instant discount
    07-15-09 02:58 PM
    You can check your number here:

https://www.vzwshop.com/nevip/default.aspx

wait so the VIP can work with the NE2 as well?!! i thought you could only use one. wait so doest his mean i'm getting 100 off for NE2 and 50 for VIP?
    There are a lot of misconceptions about the VIP program floating around here. You can read the actual program details in the fine print on the page linked above. Here is my summary of them:

Enrollment is automatic and happens annually in February. If you do not meet the program requirements (atleast 1 year history with Verizon Wireless in good standing and a single line or primary line of a family shareplan with a calling plan of atleast $79.99 for the past 6 months) at the time of enrollment, you are not in the VIP program. This is also why VIP benefits expire each year at the end of February. I called to get clarification on this and this is how it was explained to me.

The $50 discount is for Annual Upgrades on the primary line only. It does not stack with NE2. You also get 25% off on accessories, free activation on new lines, waived upgrade/number change/restocking fees, and overage protection if you agree to change to a higher calling plan or feature to cover it.

Whether or not you can get an exception to any of the above is really up to your luck with Verizon Customer Service. I called a couple times to see if I can use the $50 VIP discount with my NE2 and was shot down every time. I ended up getting the Tour for $99 + CA tax using my $100 NE2 only.
    07-15-09 03:26 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD