This is my first BB so i was wondering if it is a good phone?
    01-26-10 08:12 PM
    I have a screen protector and a protective back that slides into a belt clip and I have dropped it numerous times and dont have a single scratch on the device. I have had the same tour since august so I would consider the device very durable and it is a great phone
    01-26-10 08:17 PM
    I don't have anything on my Tour other than a screen protector and it's holding up very well. I've dropped it a few times and toss it onto my desk and it still looks good and performs well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 08:36 PM
    Nothing but a screen potector and sits in an oem pouch most of the time. The newer tours are built better and will hold up if taken care of.
    01-26-10 08:38 PM
    Oh i just carry my BB in the OEM case it came with so it should be fine
    01-26-10 09:24 PM
    In terms of build quality, the Tour is right up at the top. Now just because it is built strong doesn't mean you shouldn't get a case, or at least a screen protector. Your device won't self-destruct, but you will get minor scratches over time. I recommend Seidio cases. (Shameless plug: I'm selling two Seidio cases for the Tour. Check my sig for details).
    01-26-10 09:29 PM
    I am out in the great outdoors working way more than in the office and I have had zero issues anywhere. I purchased an Otterbox Commuter case and a screen protector and it's amazing. I was very apprehensive about how my phone would hold up in my line of work but after three months there are no doubts anymore.
    01-26-10 10:58 PM
    I have just a screen protector and I've dropped my phone 8+ times there's no visible damage to it, the soft rubber on the back verizon tours kind of protects it from scratches and stuff when dropped its a nice feature I'm glad they made it like that because I pretty much destroyed my curve

01-26-10 11:50 PM
    I've had numerous BlackBerries and none of mine (except my Storm) have ever been damaged, They're really well built, a quick search around will reveal some pretty amazing stories of build quality.
    01-27-10 01:56 AM
    They are right... I had by BB tour in the silicone case which looks stylish but stepped on It when it was
    In my pants.. Cracked the screen. If it was in the OEM case...
    I'd still have that BB... But it taught me to be more careful

Still rock the silicone and OEM on rainy days or just when I feel like
    Like my BB can get damaged

Silicone = store,work, everyday basics
    Case= trip, magic mountain, knott berry farm

U get the picture

01-27-10 03:08 AM
    I had an unfortunate incident with my Tour when it was less than a month old. I dropped it about 3' onto gravel on a camping trip and the LCD cracked. It may have been a fluke, because since then my replacement has taken far worse and only shown scratches and dings. The screen is the last place you'll get a scratch because it's set in slightly and will not touch the ground if you lay it on its face on flat ground. The chrome bezel will ding easily if you drop it on concrete or asphalt, but its hard to break unless it hits the ground just right and you're unlucky.
    01-27-10 04:22 AM
    My Tour is either in my hand being used or in the OEM case and it still looks as good as the day I bought it 5 months ago. This phone is not a 'trailer queen' either, I average 2500-4000 SMS messages a month, so it *is* seeing quite a bit of use.

01-27-10 07:22 AM
    I am a contractor and wear my Tour on my hip everyday. At work it is subjected to extremely rough treatment. That is why I use an Otterbox Defender. On the weekends I have a few silicon skins, mainly because the Otterbox allows me to be so rough on the phone that I have become a little careless.

01-27-10 07:23 AM
    I work in Construction and only have a innocase 360 on my Tour in my pocket. Tour is great yet and holding up very well to the abuse I put it through at work
    01-27-10 07:25 AM
    I have heard stories here about someone having one in their pocket and sitting down and it cracked the screen. I have had much better luck with mind a few small drops and one BIG one. The big one was I know pure luck it must have hit just right but I drooped it while on my motorcycle doing 80 mph. I almost did not even turn around to go back did not want to see it the carnage. But when i got to it picked up the battery cover found the battery about 50 feet away wiped it off put it back together. Booted up fine still working like a charm. I know it was luck but still impressive.
    01-27-10 07:48 AM
    I have heard stories here about someone having one in their pocket and sitting down and it cracked the screen. I have had much better luck with mind a few small drops and one BIG one. The big one was I know pure luck it must have hit just right but I drooped it while on my motorcycle doing 80 mph. I almost did not even turn around to go back did not want to see it the carnage. But when i got to it picked up the battery cover found the battery about 50 feet away wiped it off put it back together. Booted up fine still working like a charm. I know it was luck but still impressive.
    They were probably wearing really tight pants. My phone has had some descent beatings and its still alive. I first left my tour on top of my car and slide off 5 miles into the drive at 50mph luckily I heard it and there were no other cars around. The second time I accidentally threw my phone off my balcony two stories up and its still alive without any scratches even though I can't scroll right anymore.

01-27-10 06:00 PM
    I would suggest a silicone gel case for when you accidentally drop it on the ground, probably when you get out of the car. I did that a couple times with it on and not a scratch to be found.
    01-27-10 06:16 PM
    I was reading a post on crackberry like 2-weeks ago and my wife flipped out on me was like "all you do is live for your blackberry" she took the phone and threw it hard again the floor I flipped out and picked it up, and nothing happened I went back to reading the posts like nothing, the only protection I have on the phone is a ribbed like sliding case from vzw. Then I knew blackberry tour was the truth!!!!

01-27-10 08:10 PM
    In terms of build quality, the Tour is right up at the top. Now just because it is built strong doesn't mean you shouldn't get a case, or at least a screen protector. Your device won't self-destruct, but you will get minor scratches over time. I recommend Seidio cases. (Shameless plug: I'm selling two Seidio cases for the Tour. Check my sig for details).
    I have had my Tour since July 09 and it has been a solid performer and still looks new. It has had a few drops on the ground but still works like day 1. I use the oem leather pouch, a screen protector and the seidio innocase II case. I am very pleased with my Tour.
    Last edited by veevans01; 01-28-10 at 08:01 AM.
    01-28-10 07:58 AM
    Can't go wrong with the OtterBox Defender case esp if you work constuction or are outside a lot. I like the solid screen protection, solid camera lense protection including the way they made the keyboard protection optional.

Their price off their site is expensive but I picked one up off eBay for $30 shipped.

I will not have a Blackberry without a OtterBox Defender case, it's almost a valid reason to not carry the insurance coverage on your new Tour short of the fact it's not waterproof.
    01-28-10 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD