Just wondering what everyone uses. I've been from silicone, to snap on, and now have an invisible shield installed and very much prefer it over other protection. Wouldn't mind trying the Case mate hybrid...Just inquiring!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 01:21 AM
    I use a silicone case

06-24-10 01:41 AM
    I carry a .45 oh wait. All I use is the screen/privacy protector they sell from Verizon. I don't see much reason to protect the rest of it, really...

06-24-10 03:15 AM
    not sure if this is the right place to post this - but is it easy to apply an invisible shield on the tour? and is it truly 'invisible'?
    06-24-10 04:51 AM
    I dont protect mine, it adds too much bulk. Plus I like the phone as is, its purdy
    06-24-10 05:18 AM
    not sure if this is the right place to post this - but is it easy to apply an invisible shield on the tour? and is it truly 'invisible'?
    No, it's not easy to install. However, if you do manage to get it on correctly it looks pretty nice. Only thing noticable about it is the dust and grit that collets around the edges of it.

I use that, along with the OEM magnetic holster when I'm on the go. When I'm at home I keep it in the Body Glove, with the belt clip backing removed.
    06-24-10 10:19 AM
    I have a silicon case that I use on occasion but its usually just naked or in the holster.
    06-24-10 10:46 AM
    Ive had it in an EPIK case with a screen protector since about 2 weeks from new, because that's how long it too to get the EPIK from HK, anyway I take it out of the case and the phone basically looks new. Only thing you gotta watch for is dirt getting under the case at the top or around the edges and scratching around there.

Its thin so it doesn't add a lot of bulk or thickness to the phone, it fits tight unlike some of the silicone skins Ive seen too. Ive dropped the phone only a couple times, including most recently on its face on concrete and the case totally protected it, not a scratch. Not to mention they are dirt cheap too. It provides a fantastic amount of protection for how thin it is.

If I had one complaint about it its that it doesn't cover the speaker portion on the front. There would be a possibility of that getting scratched if your not careful. I tried to fashion something out of a screen protector to cover it but I gave up after a while of fiddling with it.

I carry a .45 oh wait. All I use is the screen/privacy protector they sell from Verizon. I don't see much reason to protect the rest of it, really...

Nice.
    Last edited by loki993; 06-24-10 at 11:34 AM.
    06-24-10 11:31 AM
    wouldn't be using a thing if it weren't for the free crap i win from CB
    currently using a Smrtcase I won off a giveaway

06-24-10 11:52 AM
    I dont protect mine, it adds too much bulk. Plus I like the phone as is, its purdy
    haha I agree! I don't protect mine.. I should but I like the way it feels without anything on it
    06-24-10 12:32 PM
    seidio 360 case and oem holster
    06-24-10 12:32 PM
    I use an Epik Pro case. Fits great, doesn't add bulk, doesn't attract dust, nor is it floppy like the silicone cases.

If I had one complaint about it its that it doesn't cover the speaker portion on the front. There would be a possibility of that getting scratched if your not careful. I tried to fashion something out of a screen protector to cover it but I gave up after a while of fiddling with it.
    I bought a Bestskinsever and just put on the piece that covers the ear and chin pieces. Works well and can't really tell it's on the phone.
    06-24-10 12:44 PM
    I protect it by putting it in my pocket naked, screen facing my leg. That's also the pocket I keep my comb and change in. Never had a problem, except the one time I missed my pocket and it bounced off the parking lot.
    06-24-10 01:07 PM
    I use a screen protector from zagg, and a casemate barley there.
    06-24-10 01:28 PM
    I used phantom skins. I still have a brand new set that I have not used. I really should sell them...
    06-24-10 02:15 PM
    It took me about an hour of undivided attention and a buttload of patience. The toughest part was the piece that goes on the right side of the phone where the volume and camera button are (never did get it on). Also the bacl "U" shaped piece kinda sucked to get on. Other than the it went fairly smooth. Give yourself plenty of time and don't be shy about using a lot od the adhesive solution. Give it about 2 days to fully dry and cure, and you should be fine.

06-24-10 02:22 PM
    I just got my VZW tour a couple of weeks and I just use the screen protector/privacy thingy.

There is a good plastic case that is perfect for the Tour but they told me once its on its stays on so that was that.

Now I feel most comfortable feeling the phone in my hand.

Oh. I did buy the rubber one from Verizon. Fits good. Have to feel for the volume and other buttons, no cutout.

Don't laugh, but I hated the rubber the most cause it collected all the lint from my pockets

--
    rg56
    06-24-10 02:24 PM
    i use a screen protector and an otterbox commuter case. its a little bulky but i beat up on my phones so this keeps it nice and shiny...
    06-24-10 02:25 PM
    I use an Epik Pro case. Fits great, doesn't add bulk, doesn't attract dust, nor is it floppy like the silicone cases.

I bought a Bestskinsever and just put on the piece that covers the ear and chin pieces. Works well and can't really tell it's on the phone.
    Ill take a look at that definitly. Yeah I just saw the Epik pros and was thinking about maybe getting one. I did judt get a Bold though and I think they have pulled the Pros for the Tour/Bold anyway because they were having trouble with the holes lining up. Ill wait until they get that straightened out. I have 4 of the regular Epik cases. I did jack my blue one up a bit widening the charger hole though.

I protect it by putting it in my pocket naked, screen facing my leg. That's also the pocket I keep my comb and change in. Never had a problem, except the one time I missed my pocket and it bounced off the parking lot.
    I'm also very picky about my phone in my pocket. Nothing goes in the pocket the phone goes in except the phone.

i use a screen protector and an otterbox commuter case. its a little bulky but i beat up on my phones so this keeps it nice and shiny...
    Yeah Ive alwasy liked the otterbox cases, but the bulkiness always shied me away. Plus its hard to justify the price when the Epik protects as well as it does. I was really surprised at lust how well the Epik does protect, really.
    06-24-10 02:32 PM
    I just looked at the Otterbox page and the "Commuter" looks nice.

They don't say though about access into the battery compartment.

--
    rg
    06-24-10 02:34 PM
    Seido "snap" case that only covers the back case wise. I tried a zagg a few weeks ago but took it off the next day because it has too much on an orange peel look on the screen. Now I'm using this cheap little screen protector that comes with cheap little snap on cases from a mall kiosk. The screen protector is a static type and looks real nice and clear and no orange peel. I just wish I could have gotten it on without the one little piece of dust under it in the left top corner. If it weren't for that one annoying little speck, u wouldn't be able to tell the protector is there. The guy running the kiosk actually gave it to me for free.

06-24-10 05:35 PM
    I switch back and forth between between the Otterbox Impact case and the Commuter case.

For a screen protector, I actually left the piece of sticky plastic thats on the phone when you buy it lol.
    06-25-10 01:15 PM
    you have to take the case off to get to the battery compartment, but im ok with that. as for the cost i only spent 20 on mine... got connections at the local sprint store
    06-25-10 01:19 PM
    I had my Tour in the Otterbox Defender. I have had to periodically get into it to swap sd card.

I am now returning it to Verizon since they shipped me a Bold - the phone looks brand new - it was well-protected by the defender.

It has gone hiking, biking and cross-country skiing. Since it has been hidden so long, I actually marvel at how small/slim the phone really is in its naked state.

The Defender might be overkill but it keeps the phone protected.
    06-25-10 04:51 PM
    i have a habit of buying too many different silicon cases for my tour, but i recently bought a really nice one and am now sticking to it
    06-25-10 05:33 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD