Okay okay, this may be waaaay to anal of me BUT, when you take your Tour apart for a housing swap, how do you keep/minimize the dust that may get between the screen and the housing?

I could keep it at a minimum when I did my 8830 swaps because the time it took to swap out the case was so minimal that the exposure of dust to the screen was short.

So, what did you do to ensure that there was no dust visible on the screen?
    01-04-10 08:24 PM
    You don't need to worry about it. The screen on the Tour is exposed, not like the Curve 83xx, which is under a plastic lens.
    01-04-10 08:57 PM
    You don't need to worry about it. The screen on the Tour is exposed, not like the Curve 83xx, which is under a plastic lens.
    Sorry for the obvious question but what do you mean the screen is exposed?? Are you telling me that the screen surface we can touch on the front is actually part of the LCD? WOW!
    01-07-10 12:32 AM
    The part you can touch is the cover that's right on top of the LCD. Unlike the Curve, there's no gap between the cover and LCD for dust to get into.
    01-08-10 11:00 PM
    Which is why it is soooooo important to use screen protectors on the Tour, 8900 and 9700.
    01-08-10 11:22 PM
    Seidio Screen Protrctor thr best
    01-09-10 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD