hey guys i havent been able to find out how to turn the display off and keyboard off without locking the device and waiting for it to time out... with my htc ther was a button on the top i just clicked and it would disable the device's screen.
    07-17-09 02:44 PM
    did you try the mute button? (standby mode)
    07-17-09 02:48 PM
    OPTIONS>SCREEN/KEYBOARD. you can change the time on the "backlight timeout"
    07-17-09 02:59 PM
    I know what u mean my old BB's (8830/8700/7290) had the "sleep" button. MY Storm doesnt i just set the timeout to 30 secs. I dont think the Tour has one either, most newer BB's dont.
    07-17-09 03:53 PM
    My Tour goes dark according the setting. Even when its plugged in as long as it's not on the clock
    07-17-09 03:55 PM
    I know what you're talking about, and there is no way to do it. This was confusing to me on my first BB when I switched from the Treo 650, cause on that I'd hit the red "End call" button and shut the display down.

The only way to do it here is to allow it to time out.
    07-17-09 03:57 PM
    mute button throws it into standby mode...

which turns off the screen...

basically I think thats what standby mode is...
    07-17-09 04:05 PM
    well i dont like waiting for it to time out before putting it in my pocket, i always end up just tossing it in my pocket and they the scroll ball ends up getting shimmied around and the backlight doesnt time out.
    07-18-09 08:21 PM
    well i dont like waiting for it to time out before putting it in my pocket, i always end up just tossing it in my pocket and they the scroll ball ends up getting shimmied around and the backlight doesnt time out.
    Press and hold the mute button on the top right. It does exactly what you are wanting.
    07-19-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD