We have a zillion Tours in our office connected via BES and OTA sync to our exchange server.

Many of us have email groups set up as contacts in out "my contacts" in Outlook (2007 if it makes a difference.)

Those groups don't show up in our contacts on the Tours. What is the easiest way to mail to these existing groups from the Tour?
    06-18-10 10:35 AM
    Distribution lists in Outlook do not sync to the Address Book on your BlackBerry, and Groups in the Address Book on the BlackBerry do not sync to Outlook. All you can do is create a Group in the Address Book on your BlackBerry that contains the same names as the Distribution List in Outlook. You will have to manually manage the contents of the Group.
    06-18-10 02:29 PM
    Distribution lists in Outlook do not sync to the Address Book on your BlackBerry, and Groups in the Address Book on the BlackBerry do not sync to Outlook. All you can do is create a Group in the Address Book on your BlackBerry that contains the same names as the Distribution List in Outlook. You will have to manually manage the contents of the Group.
    Thanks - that's what I was afraid of. I guess there are no aftermarket solutions either. One user has about 50 distribution groups.
    06-18-10 08:21 PM
    Ans:Get all the users to sign up for either a yahoo email to set up yahoo group mail (and then U will see all emails if u forward to ur personal email or preferred email) & they can also send & receive all group email msgs that they all send.
    Or- u cud set up a Google group email distribution list (but each needs to enroll&register themselves).
    This way u don't need to enter each person on ur BB contact list. However, if each person does not enroll, they will b left out of group.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD