Ok I ordered a Sprint Blackberry Tour off of ebay and I got it in the mail yesterday and I activated it and tried to text someone and it did not give me a option to text so my friend tried to text me and I did not get his text. So i went to the firewall section and it has a Check by "SMS" and the firewall is enable with a lock beside it and it will not let me change it I tried to wipe the device several time but it will not remove the firewall can anyone help me.
    04-17-10 03:09 PM
    You probably have an it policy on the phone. Many phones from ebay do. I know mine did. Go to options -> status and type buyr to verify. (Works on 5.0 idk about 4.7). Anyway I tried every method listed on this site. The only one that worked for me was to completely uninstall everything RIM related on my computer (desktop manager, any downloaded OS's, etc) then download bbsak and use the "wipe" option. This does a low level format of your phone's memory. Reload the OS of your choice. I personally use Sprint .484. You will lose all of your data this way and there is no way to back it up that I know of since if you back up anything on your device it will backup the IT policy as well. Then when you go to restore your data after removing the policy it will push it back to your phone leaving you in the same predicament that you started.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 04:18 PM
    Ok I ordered a Sprint Blackberry Tour off of ebay and I got it in the mail yesterday and I activated it and tried to text someone and it did not give me a option to text so my friend tried to text me and I did not get his text. So i went to the firewall section and it has a Check by "SMS" and the firewall is enable with a lock beside it and it will not let me change it I tried to wipe the device several time but it will not remove the firewall can anyone help me.
    Your phone has an IT policy attached to it. If its a "weak" policy, you can wipe the handheld (found under security). Chances are though, even after the wipe, you will still have that IT policy attached. I see this all the time. No real way around it.
    04-17-10 07:59 PM
    How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

Generally, use method #3 GUARANTEED to work

Do as sfam said, remove ALL RIM/BB related apps from your computer. I think you will be able to use BBSAK to restore apps. But sfam is also right about your DM data backups being corrupted with the IT Policy. You may be able to go advanced on DM and install 1 item at a time and only do the necessary stuff.
    Calendar, Contacts, Passwords, etc.....
    04-17-10 08:30 PM
    Your phone has an IT policy attached to it. If its a "weak" policy, you can wipe the handheld (found under security). Chances are though, even after the wipe, you will still have that IT policy attached. I see this all the time. No real way around it.
    The wipe option within the security settings does not delete the IT policy, at least it didn't for me. BBSAK has a wipe option that actually does a low-level format on the device. This is the only thing that worked for me.
    04-17-10 11:43 PM
    How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

Generally, use method #3 GUARANTEED to work

Do as sfam said, remove ALL RIM/BB related apps from your computer. I think you will be able to use BBSAK to restore apps. But sfam is also right about your DM data backups being corrupted with the IT Policy. You may be able to go advanced on DM and install 1 item at a time and only do the necessary stuff.
    Calendar, Contacts, Passwords, etc.....
    As soon as I tried to restore anything (calendar, contacts, etc.) even 1 at a time, it would immediately reload the IT policy on to the device. This was a frustrating process I went through for almost a week after getting my Tour and finally the only thing that worked was exactly as I stated above. It really sucked having to manually enter 200+ contacts, all my calendar entries, etc. but it was worth it to me not to have the IT policy on my phone anymore.
    04-17-10 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD