I downloaded Bluff your call and QuickPull and decided to delete from application list. After I rebooted bb the icons appear on home screen as achieved. When I click on icon it asks if I want to reinstall. How do I get rid of these permanently?? They're no longer listed under app list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 08:01 PM
    go into app world> my world> delete from there. that should do it.
    09-21-09 08:03 PM
    I had the same problem, but even when I delete it from the App World, it just sits there and won't go away. Am I missing something or is it a glitch in the store?
    09-25-09 05:01 AM
    I've had issues as well with this and other stuff with the app store. Some apps never download and stay in the list trying to download. Overall, my experience with the Tour is just one level above the Storm I used. Lag times, hourglass waiting or whatever you call it, memory issues, and it just seems tho be thinking or doing something all the time. It was fine in the beginning but after installing apps, this is getting ridiculous.
    09-25-09 08:13 AM
    I had the same problem, but even when I delete it from the App World, it just sits there and won't go away. Am I missing something or is it a glitch in the store?
    Your'e probably not doing it right.
    09-25-09 08:15 AM
    This is something you might want to try.

1 media Icon

2 Menu>explore

3. navigate to the folder on your media card.

4. go into the appworld folder.

5. you will see the folders there for the program. Try deleting the folder and see if the icon goes away.

When D/L from app world it places info in the folders, so if you replace or wipe the device, you can get your apps back faster.
    Last edited by lastraid; 09-25-09 at 09:45 AM.
    09-25-09 08:20 AM
    While in My World if the app in question says "Unistalled" then it has been deleted from your device.
    09-25-09 08:23 AM
    That solved my archived issue too, just did it right now. Too bad I can't stop that other app from trying to download in the My World list.
    09-25-09 08:45 AM
    While in My World if the app in question says "Unistalled" then it has been deleted from your device.
    Some say uninstalled, others say archived. I checked my media card and the folders that were there I had already deleted, yet the shadowy icons on the app world remain.
    09-25-09 05:16 PM
    You mean there's not an app for this?
    09-25-09 05:58 PM
    Uninstalled is deleted. This is a feature of App World. Next time you come back to App World, Uninstalled Apps are at the bottom of your My World list. I am guessing they might do this in case you are deleting an App that is out of date, so it's more convenient to check when it's updated.

Any App dl'ed from App World will automatically be Archived to your SD card if deleted from the device's Advanced Options->Applications list.

Whether Archived or not, any App can be fully deleted from your device from My World. (ie "Uninstalled")

09-25-09 10:59 PM
    You mean there's not an app for this?
    Yeah, I bet the iPhone has an "I don't want this App" App! It's just got an App for everything!

09-25-09 11:00 PM
    go into app world> my world> delete from there. that should do it.
    Thank you! Worked for me.
    10-12-09 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD