Seems like a odd question, but I see many people who are converting from storms and I would assume many who have not had it long enough to get the discounted upgrade price.

I have no issues with my storm but I find myself missing a keyboard more and more. I'm tempted to try a tour but rather not drop the $489 to buy one outright. My wife and I got storms under one of the buy one get one free deals and it seems that consumed both of the upgrades which I did not expect it to.

I really wish Verizon would offer a payable monthly fee to get a new device anytime you want or yearly.

I'm interested in how people move to the tour... so back to my question how did you get your tour.

Thanks in advance,
    08-27-09 07:03 PM
    I used my upgrade to get my 8330 then I decided I wanted a touch screen phone so I paid full retail for the Instinct, but after using that thing for a week, I returned it and got the Tour for $30 more...I'm sticking with BB's for a while...that instinct was a joke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 07:06 PM
    My 8330 broke 3 weeks before I was eligible for 2 year upgrade so I had planned to get another for $50 until I heard about the release of the Tour, so I went with that. It was a long 3 weeks with my crappy backup flip phone.

08-27-09 07:08 PM
    I went through so many Storms (13 of them) that they just swapped out the storm for the Tour for free. Best move they ever did for me, the Tour is by far the best Blackberry to date on the CDMA market.
    08-27-09 07:08 PM
    I was on my 4th Storm in 4 months (all hardware related issues). They offered to swap with the Tour so I switched.
    08-27-09 07:10 PM
    Any one have any luck using another phone on their plan to get the upgrade pricing then changing the number?
    08-27-09 07:25 PM
    Any one have any luck using another phone on their plan to get the upgrade pricing then changing the number?
    That's exactly what I did. Used my wifes line for the tour, rep in the store swapped esn right there on the spot. Gave my wife my curve.

08-27-09 07:34 PM
    My Tour was sent to me by a good ol' buddy named Sal!
    08-27-09 07:38 PM
    How did you work that deal?
    08-27-09 07:42 PM
    Seems like a odd question, but I see many people who are converting from storms and I would assume many who have not had it long enough to get the discounted upgrade price.

I have no issues with my storm but I find myself missing a keyboard more and more. I'm tempted to try a tour but rather not drop the $489 to buy one outright. My wife and I got storms under one of the buy one get one free deals and it seems that consumed both of the upgrades which I did not expect it to.

I really wish Verizon would offer a payable monthly fee to get a new device anytime you want or yearly.

I'm interested in how people move to the tour... so back to my question how did you get your tour.

Thanks in advance,
    I was using a Windows Mobile device that was about a year old. I got an email from VZW saying I was eligible for an early upgrade and decided to switch to Blackberry. I paid $199 for it.
    08-27-09 07:50 PM
    I have an extra line on my family plan that I never use but I keep active for the extra upgrade. It's worth $9.99 a month for me and it's how I went from the storm to the tour.
    08-27-09 07:51 PM
    Im tempted to use the discount from one of my other lines. I have 4 but they used 2 for the buy one get one free with the storms. Seems crappy but I guess I could see it both ways. Im also tempted to wait for one with wifi.
    08-27-09 07:55 PM
    I upgraded to BB from Palm about two months before the tour came out. I had the 8330. When the tour was released, I waited for a week before calling sprint. I spoke to a rep who offered it to me for $99 after all rebates. I sold my barely used curve for $150.00. So I made some money.
    08-27-09 07:58 PM
    I was on my 4th Storm in 4 months (all hardware related issues). They offered to swap with the Tour so I switched.
    Same here but was on my 5th storm and was willing to jump over to another carrier and pay the earlier disconnect fee if I could not get rid of storm.
    08-27-09 08:02 PM
    I upgraded from an 8330 by using the discount from another line on our business plan. I handed down my 8330.
    08-27-09 08:21 PM
    I told the boss I was taking a vacation for two days and he said you need a blackberry... within the hour I was in the store
    08-27-09 08:26 PM
    My wife wanted a smart phone and it was time for my NE2 so I jumped on the buy one get one free deal that Verizon is having. I got both for $49.95 and they should be here tomorrow. Not a bad deal I must say. This is going to be a learning experience since I had a razor befor this.
    08-27-09 08:27 PM
    Ya thats not bad, I only have one line ready for a upgrade. :-(

So how hard is it to do the switch online? or is it better to just go into the store. I guess I can sell my storm for what the upgrade prices is of another line to the tour: $150
    08-27-09 08:30 PM
    I left Sprint a year ago for Tmo but kept my line active. Came back to Sprint a month before the Tour was released but used my upgrade on a 8330. I ended up selling my Tmo 8320 berry for 200, got my 100 rebate from sprint for the 8330 and got the Tour paying 200 out of pocket without signing a 2 year upgrade fee cause I bought it outright! I still have my 8330 as a back up that I hope I never have to use again!

08-27-09 08:33 PM
    I sold my Storm and used that money to pay full retail for the Tour. It was worth every penny.
    08-27-09 09:06 PM
    Not bad but looks like used storms are only going for $150 now.
    08-27-09 09:17 PM
    sounds like a lot of you guys got your tours after the storms. i see that the storm was not the best bb out there but im sooo glad that they come out with the tour because i love it, i dont have it yet but i went into the sprint store and fell in love, my husband had to pry the thing out of my hands and rush me out the store. hopefully i get mine this weekend if not then i know i will get it for my birthday this sept. so wish me luck and good luck to you guys that already have the tour.
    08-27-09 10:00 PM
    How did you work that deal?
    It was through his twitter contest lol
    08-27-09 10:02 PM
    Forced my fiance into a bb and took the tour and gave her my 8330 lol.

08-27-09 10:32 PM
    the tour is my first BB. ive had it for 2 days and so far its awesome. i got it for only $50 (after mail in rebate) with a verizon 2 year upgrade.
    08-27-09 10:54 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD