I did a search and was unable to find this..

Where do you look to see if the phone has been refurbished?
    03-12-10 07:00 PM
    In the Options - About screen a Sprint Tour should tell you if it is. I'm pretty sure a Vzw Tour doesn't say it is, but the packaging it comes in does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 08:05 PM
    a brand new tour has more than 1 white water damage sticker on the screws when u lift the back cover, at least i thought thats an indicator but i could be wrong.....
    03-12-10 08:14 PM
    a brand new tour has more than 1 white water damage sticker on the screws when u lift the back cover, at least i thought thats an indicator but i could be wrong.....

Mine is brand new and only has one of the stickers on the screws..
    03-12-10 08:28 PM
    Same here when I had my new device. The only difference I see, is that the refurb I have now, was made in Canada, instead of Mexico. other than that, if you didn't know I had a made in mexico device prior, this one actually looks and feels better than the brand new one. Glad that I have it now.

03-12-10 11:24 PM
    thanks for clearing that up, ive had a new tour with a white sticker on all 4 screws but all my refurbs only have one indicator sticker, and ive had refurbs made in canada and in mexico
    03-13-10 09:15 AM
    I never noticed the white sticker before on my original Tour when I purchased it last July. Since that time, I have replaced 3-Tours (I'm on my 4th Tour) due to trackball problem (first two), and problem with green phone button (had to click it several times before I could connect).

My 4th Tour does have a white sticker on only one screw only so therefore I must have a refurbished which is in great condition and best of all it came preloaded with 5.0.0.419 operating system.
    03-13-10 08:18 PM
    My Tour was brand new & only has one white sticker over the screws, I don't believe that this theory holds any water.

03-13-10 08:22 PM
    I never noticed the white sticker before on my original Tour when I purchased it last July. Since that time, I have replaced 3-Tours (I'm on my 4th Tour) due to trackball problem (first two), and problem with green phone button (had to click it several times before I could connect).

My 4th Tour does have a white sticker on only one screw only so therefore I must have a refurbished which is in great condition and best of all it came preloaded with 5.0.0.419 operating system.

seriously ?? it cam preloaded with the 5.0.0.419 OS ?? must have been one i sent back lol ive never seen that happen before... must have slipped tru there so called inspection
    03-14-10 07:42 PM
    menu>options>about>scroll down to middle of page. tells you whether its new or refurb
    03-14-10 08:08 PM
    Perhaps the Tour is different. I know on my Storm, if I go to Options>Status and then pull up my keyboard, type in the word "buyr" (without the quotes) and you'll see three more lines of information. One tells you the total lifetime phone usage, the other tells you the total, lifetime data usage and the last one tells you if it's a BIS or BES device. Curious to know if you can do that on the Tour.

Some who have had replacement devices noted that when they did this, they saw that there was previous usage on the phone (it appears that RIM does not reset this counter as it's their way of knowing just how much the phone has been used over it's lifetime). I got a refurb shipped to me last week and both counters showed 0.0 so I guess I lucked out!
    03-14-10 08:12 PM
    Refurbished: No?

03-14-10 08:13 PM
    does not matter to me as long as the phone i was sent works, i am happy
    03-14-10 08:30 PM
    Like I said check your options about screen if you have Sprint as your carrier. Vzw does NOT have this.

03-14-10 08:42 PM
    Who cares? If it works, be happy
    03-14-10 08:51 PM
    Just trying to teach and not let bad info get passed as truth ok. Thanks.

03-14-10 09:05 PM
    at first i was very skeptical about sending back my first tour because of trackball problems, assuming that my refurb was going to be the way same way if not worse, but i have to say i re-fell in love with my phone again once i got a working phone. This phone works too perfect and i love it. **** yeahh blackberryyy
    03-15-10 03:02 AM
    Perhaps the Tour is different. I know on my Storm, if I go to Options>Status and then pull up my keyboard, type in the word "buyr" (without the quotes) and you'll see three more lines of information. One tells you the total lifetime phone usage, the other tells you the total, lifetime data usage and the last one tells you if it's a BIS or BES device. Curious to know if you can do that on the Tour.

Some who have had replacement devices noted that when they did this, they saw that there was previous usage on the phone (it appears that RIM does not reset this counter as it's their way of knowing just how much the phone has been used over it's lifetime). I got a refurb shipped to me last week and both counters showed 0.0 so I guess I lucked out!
    Just tried this on my tour, it does in fact work. Can't bring up our keyboard but if you just go to the "status" screen and type "buyr" then it does bring up those 3 lines.
    03-15-10 05:21 AM
    Cool! I used the phrase "bring up your keyboard" only because I was coming from the Storm 2 perspective. Those with physical keyboards of course, are already good to go!

Just tried this on my tour, it does in fact work. Can't bring up our keyboard but if you just go to the "status" screen and type "buyr" then it does bring up those 3 lines.
    03-15-10 12:46 PM
    If it works for longer then 30 days it's a refurb
    03-15-10 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD