Hi guys,

I have a Bold9000, running v5.0.0.592 (just upgraded to this last night). I used CrackUtil to remove net_rim_bb_gmail.cod, but after that, the phone wouldn't reboot, it just stayed as if nothing had happened. I tried to reboot it manually and then removed the other files, but seems like the EGP is still there.

When I upgraded my bb to 411 a few months back, I removed it using CrackUtil and it worked. But how come this time it didn't?

Any ideas? Thanks heaps guys!
    07-25-10 10:50 PM
    I had the same issue trying to delete this and I found a solution that should work. You'll have to use Crackutil, found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/
    There's a tutorial on how to use it there as well

Click on File Manipulation - INTERMEDIATE
    Retrieve File Listing
    Highlight "net_rim_bb_gmail" in the list
    Remove File from Device

Your Blackberry will likely reboot. You have 2 more COD's to remove

Do the same thing for the other 2 net_rim_bb_gmail COD's
    (net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_en and net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_fr)

Good luck!
    Thank you for introducing me to Crackutill.
    G.E.P. was driving me absolutely insane. And this worked excellent. Is this a sign that RIM is going in the Apple direction forcing software onto their clients, hope not . Removed the first c.o.d "net_rim_bb_gmail" in the list and after that my phone rebooted just like you explained. After that I cleared the other 4 gmail c.o.d's which luckily didn't need a reboot.
    08-11-10 02:56 PM
    I did this, and it worked for an hour and then stopped working! The files don't show on the list anymore, but I still don't get copies of the mail that I send.

help?!
    09-05-10 10:14 PM
    Here is a way to do it without using 3rd part apps� seems to put it back to how it was before BIS 3.0

Go into email setup and delete your gmail address, once it is gone still in the email settings�

Click on add and choose other (not gmail)

Type in an email address [email protected]
    And type in any password

Click next
    Itll warn you that the data you entered was not correct
    But after that it will let you input your own settings, in this screen you can change the email address to [email protected]
    Supply your password
    Server is imap.gmail.com
    Username is [email protected] (full thing with @gmail.com)

Once this is done it will have added your email account but not added it using the advanced gmail plugin and as such it will act and feel like it has up to now.

Still no 2 way read sync, but at least when you archive using the web, it will update the blackberry inbox too.

Hope this helps

Btw � really annoyed with RIM for this stupid update � love the functionality of being to label and search from the phone, but not syncing the archives you do online, so pathetic.
    thanks for this. My phone only started having issues yesterday.
    09-10-10 07:52 AM
    Well everyone on CrackBerry especially in this thread about the gmail plugin I thought I would come back in and tell you what I did that works permanantly and very simple since this was driving me crazy to get rid of it and it all started by me reading this thread so thank you to the OP for getting this question going....

I just simply used good old BBSAK v1.7 and read my device. I deleted the first .cod file which was just simply bb at the end and my device rebooted as it was suppose to. I then went back with BBSAK still opened and deleted the help & resource .cod files and although I did not need to reboot I did a battery pull anyway.

I then went into my email icon and firstthing I noticed was that it no longer said "Inbox" but Jan' Personal Email" which is me and what I named it. I then clicked the BB button and went to options and no more gmail plugin.

All my sent emails not stay there with a check mark showing they were sent like they use to as well as also appear in my message folder the same way and I receive emails with no problems.

I just wanted to let everyone know this and thank everyone for the idea to begin with. Nothing against Pete and all the hard work he did to creat the other utility to do this but I already had BBSAK installed so I used it to perfection. Good luck to all as you can do the same as I.

Jan
    09-11-10 07:33 PM
    This crap just popped-up on my BB9700.

Could some one please help me on this issue.

Don't know where to go to enter -- settings>advanced options>applications. \

Cheers.
    09-28-10 08:22 PM
    This crap just popped-up on my BB9700.

Could some one please help me on this issue.

Don't know where to go to enter -- settings>advanced options>applications. \

Cheers.
    I hate to be a know it all but there must be 30 posts or more of people before your post and mine right above your post that explains in many ways how to get rid of it if you just read the posts. Then you would not have to post for nothing.

Just read my post right above yours and your plugin will be gone in 5 mins, Less time than it took for you to post and me to respond... Sorry for the sarcasm ok but just read and don't panic.
    09-29-10 11:43 AM
    It worked wonders for me. Just minor update. You have to delete the following files :
    net_rim_bb_gmail
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_en
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_en
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_pt

I had the same issue trying to delete this and I found a solution that should work. You'll have to use Crackutil, found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/
    There's a tutorial on how to use it there as well

Click on File Manipulation - INTERMEDIATE
    Retrieve File Listing
    Highlight "net_rim_bb_gmail" in the list
    Remove File from Device

Your Blackberry will likely reboot. You have 2 more COD's to remove

Do the same thing for the other 2 net_rim_bb_gmail COD's
    (net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_en and net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_fr)

Good luck!
    10-24-10 01:45 AM
    Guys,

I used CrackUtil and removed the gmail plugin - worked great. Now what is happening is any gmail I attemt to send gets the red X. If i hit resend, it sends fine.

Why would removing the plugin cause the red X for every gmail send on the first try?
    11-12-10 12:51 AM
    Thnax a lot for this trick!
    It works fine and easy to use!!!
    12-03-10 04:12 AM
    Since the installation of Enhanced Gmail Plugin, I don't get a copy of every e-mail that I send. While I don't use the features that EGP was designed for, I'm reluctant to remove it because of the bug it fixes. Also, I don't think it's actually running in the background, and I certainly haven't noticed any additional battery drainage. I also noticed that that when you reset, the icon doesn't appear as an app running in the background. It only appears after you open the Gmail folder - which I never do - so it's cool with me.
    It's cool for me too..!
    Thanks a lot peterpandemonium..
    03-29-11 03:35 PM
    Worked perfectly for me:

Had to remove the following:

It worked wonders for me. Just minor update. You have to delete the following files :
    net_rim_bb_gmail
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_en
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_pt
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_en
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_pt

Thank you for finding this solution!!!!
    05-11-11 09:32 AM
    This also worked on Bold 9700 although filenames were different. Just delete all filenames beginning "net_rim_bb_gmail" Gmail still works perfectly but without some of the bells and whistles (starring, threading etc.) ie behaves same as any other email account.
    06-19-11 12:16 PM
    Hello Guys, Ive used the Crack Util to remove the Enhanced Plugin from OS 5 and OS 6, but I recently bought a Torch 9810 with OS 7 and I don�t seem to find the COD�s from gmail, neither find the app on DM.-

Can anybody help me with this?.-

Regards!
    04-20-12 09:58 AM
    settings>advanced options>applications.
    05-11-12 07:34 PM
    Former BB user who's waiting for a BB in the mail so pardon my ignorance. Is there a 'standard' Gmail app that works okay or is the 'plugin' the only way to have Gmail on the phone?
    05-15-12 08:08 PM
    Settings > advanced options > applications DOES NOT WORK. I get a blank white screen indefinitely (I waited more than 15 minutes).

Crackutil insists that I have the wrong password or my phone is disconnected. I do not have a password (left it blank, tried entering every password I've ever used in the past 5 years--nothing works). Can't do anything whatsoever with crackutil, can't click a single button.

I've had pretty much EVERY problem described in this entire thread and I've gotten no where. PLEASE HELP!!

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900
    07-10-12 01:20 AM
    How to remove gmail login ID from the browser?
    11-11-13 04:31 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD