Hi All,

Reading this thread I really didnt find a solution to delete the gmail plug in. That Cracktool thing seems too complicated. Is there another simpler way to delete this? It's really annoying me a lot. If I delete my gmail account and add it again, would it maybe go away? Please replied me ASAP, I need help on this.

[email protected]

thanks,

Hector
    11-06-09 05:22 PM
    ...Reading this thread I really didnt find a solution to delete the gmail plug in.
    Are you saying that you tried: OPTIONS > ADVANCED OPTIONS > APPLICATIONS > ENHANCED GMAIL > MENU > DELETE and that didn't work? What OS are you running? Why do you want to delete it?
    11-06-09 05:45 PM
    Plugin seemed totally pointless to me. I like everything being in 1 place... don't want to have to open up a separate inbox to make use of the features (or lack there of). If I wanted to have to have another icon to click on I would've downloaded Google's mobile BB app.
    11-06-09 08:21 PM
    AWESOME !! Worked perfectly for me ! I like the idea of the google enhanced view, but it is kind of annoying. I like to know that my emails sent, and If the filter actually allowed you to keep certain view options checked, it would be that much better!!
    12-30-09 04:11 PM
    Fantastic. So glad to remove EGP from my device. Now I can see the emails as I want.

Thanks very much.
    02-09-10 02:31 PM
    I didn't have any problem removing the gmail enhancer right from DM. Did it this afternoon. Hated that thing. I finally got around to getting rid of it for good. No use using it (for me) if I don't have the labels etc right in with my general messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 04:21 PM
    the only real advantage of the plugin is the threaded view just like how you see it in gmail. I really don't understand why they can't incorporate that into the Messages application so that I can combine other stuff too
    02-09-10 04:31 PM
    thank you for all the info in this thread about Crackutil, this worked perfectly to remove that blasted Gmail plug-in from my phone.

After removing the first .cod ( net_rim_bb_gmail ) the other two remaining .cod files were net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_en AND net_rim_bb_gmail_help_en ; I did not have a french resourse .cod. I removed those two files listed above and all is fine, I have no gmail plug-in and I now have back my regular gmail inbox!!!!
    02-12-10 02:30 PM
    Bumped due to the new OS releases. I had to do it again today and I figure others will need to as well.
    02-15-10 06:42 PM
    It worked perfectly for me using CrackUtil a couple of weeks back, all of a sudden it is back this morning. I haven't not made any changes or upgraded the OS. I don't mind removing it again but is there a more permanent solution?

Thanks much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 10:37 AM
    It never comes back for me. Make sure you're deleting anything to do with gmail.
    03-06-10 02:29 AM
    I spent 5 hours on the phone with ORANGE trying to find why my new Bold 9700 wasn't working. I spoke to the Technicians, service advisors, every single person in the team.

I spent 15 minutes on this website, and SNAP, a solution.

I downloaded the file CrackUtil, followed the instructions and now my email is working like a charm.

If this didn't work, I was going to send back my Blackberry and buy an iphone.

Not today!!!
    03-11-10 04:41 PM
    How can I tell if the plugin is installed on my Tour (OS5.484)?
    03-11-10 05:09 PM
    Here is a way to do it without using 3rd part apps� seems to put it back to how it was before BIS 3.0

Go into email setup and delete your gmail address, once it is gone still in the email settings�

Click on add and choose other (not gmail)

Type in an email address [email protected]
    And type in any password

Click next
    Itll warn you that the data you entered was not correct
    But after that it will let you input your own settings, in this screen you can change the email address to [email protected]
    Supply your password
    Server is imap.gmail.com
    Username is [email protected] (full thing with @gmail.com)

Once this is done it will have added your email account but not added it using the advanced gmail plugin and as such it will act and feel like it has up to now.

Still no 2 way read sync, but at least when you archive using the web, it will update the blackberry inbox too.

Hope this helps

Btw � really annoyed with RIM for this stupid update � love the functionality of being to label and search from the phone, but not syncing the archives you do online, so pathetic.
    03-25-10 10:59 AM
    Here is a way to do it without using 3rd part apps� seems to put it back to how it was before BIS 3.0

Go into email setup and delete your gmail address, once it is gone still in the email settings�

And type in any password

Click next
    But after that it will let you input your own settings, in this screen you can change the email address to [email protected]
    Supply your password
    Server is imap.gmail.com

Once this is done it will have added your email account but not added it using the advanced gmail plugin and as such it will act and feel like it has up to now.

Still no 2 way read sync, but at least when you archive using the web, it will update the blackberry inbox too.

Hope this helps

Btw � really annoyed with RIM for this stupid update � love the functionality of being to label and search from the phone, but not syncing the archives you do online, so pathetic.
    Thanks for the info! Looks like it's back to normal (non-gmail icon) after a battery pull.
    04-17-10 08:06 PM
    Used CrackUtil. Worked like a charm. Thanks crackberry users!!!
    04-18-10 11:21 AM
    I deleted the plug-in It messed it up for me
    04-20-10 04:33 PM
    Okay, I have OS 5.0 on my 8900 and I'm on a Mac, so CrackUtil is not an option, how do I get rid of this terrible plugin?
    05-07-10 05:27 PM
    Ok so I've done this before and it worked great...

HOWEVER, I upgraded to .593 today and the gmail icons came back so I figured I'd use Crackutil like I've done before with no problem. Well, sure enough when I highlight 1 of the 3 gmail parts to delete it, nothing happens. It doesn't seem to delete and the icons are still there...

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!
    05-08-10 06:32 PM

And type in any password

Click next
    Supply your password
    Server is imap.gmail.com

Hope this helps

For the record, this is the only way that I could get rid of it on the new Bold 9650. Thanks!
    05-22-10 10:53 PM

And type in any password

Click next
    Supply your password
    Server is imap.gmail.com

Hope this helps

Thank you PaulsDV, this worked perfectly!
    05-26-10 04:55 PM
    any way to remove this if i'm on a mac? crackutil seems to be windows only...
    06-11-10 06:08 PM
    you can do it by going into applications & then clicking add-on and deleting it from your phone
    06-29-10 10:55 PM
    Please help

I downloaded Gmail enhanced plug in a while ago but never use it

I cannot update ANY of my bberry software because of the plug in. I get the following message on my Desktop Manager:

BlackBerry� Desktop Manager failed to validate your BlackBerry� device update. Validation failed because a module marked for update (net_rim_bb_gmail_help_en) is not available on local disk

I'd happily delete the plug in / help features, etc but (a) it does not show up in my Applications folder; (b) the "fake email account" trick described in this posting does not seem to work, and (c) Crackberry apparently does not work on Mac

ANY IDEAS???
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    07-08-10 12:08 PM
    Please help

I downloaded Gmail enhanced plug in a while ago but never use it

I cannot update ANY of my bberry software because of the plug in. I get the following message on my Desktop Manager:

BlackBerry� Desktop Manager failed to validate your BlackBerry� device update. Validation failed because a module marked for update (net_rim_bb_gmail_help_en) is not available on local disk

I'd happily delete the plug in / help features, etc but (a) it does not show up in my Applications folder; (b) the "fake email account" trick described in this posting does not seem to work, and (c) Crackberry apparently does not work on Mac

ANY IDEAS???
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    I would suggest using a PC that belongs to a friend or family member.
    07-08-10 12:43 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD