I have searched through the forum and can't seem to find this exact question yet...

My only gripe about the Tour so far is that it doesn't seem to allow you to change the pre-loaded sound profiles. On my Pearl you can change the sound settings on each of the profiles (ie. Vibrate, Loud, Silent, etc...)

I want to be able to change some of the settings on the Vibrate profile since it is linked to a shortcut key on the keyboard. For example, I want to change the Facebook notifier to do nothing when a new notification comes through when the phone is set on the vibrate profile. OR, be able to link a custom profile to a shortcut key on the keyboard. That would serve the same purpose, but I can't seem to do either.

Does anyone know if this is possible?
    07-20-09 09:53 AM
    Apparently you can't! See this article: 9630 Tips and Tricks - BlackberryOS.com
    07-20-09 10:13 AM
    yea you can't, but it's really easy to create a custom profile with your own settings.
    07-20-09 10:17 AM
    If you can't change them, then what is the point of selecting them? Can't you change the ringer volume elsewhere?

Is it possible to delete the default profiles and ONLY have custom profiles?
    07-20-09 10:19 AM
    well the "normal" profile is the only one that can be changed, and that also applies to the loud and medium profiles (which in my opinion are pointless)....but the others can't be edited or removed. kinda sucks but silent can be convenient if you want to silence all.
    07-20-09 10:26 AM
    Wow. That is kind of pointless. Does anyone know if you can assign a shortcut key to a custom profile?
    07-20-09 04:10 PM
    ARGGGHH...the shortcut 'f' doesn't work for profiles anymore as it did on the curve!!
    08-01-09 03:20 PM
    But the Profile name do what they say right?

Silent = Silent
    Vibe = Vibe
    Loud = Loud

Does Silent act the same as All Alerts Off?
    08-10-09 11:27 PM
    ARGGGHH...the shortcut 'f' doesn't work for profiles anymore as it did on the curve!!
    There are some good apps out there that allow you to create shortcuts for just about anything. I just checked QuickLaunch and you can definitely create a Sound Profiles shortcut with it.

Hope this helps.
    08-10-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD