confused here is ther a way i can chage the phone number that shows up on the phone it shows my sprint number but i'd unlock the tour so i've been using it on att network ?
    08-21-09 12:31 AM
    From the phone page, key in ##000000 and press green button, then change the first line to your number. Phone will reboot itself immediately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 12:56 AM
    very cool, never knew that
    08-21-09 12:58 AM
    From the phone page, key in ##000000 and press green button, then change the first line to your number. Phone will reboot itself immediately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This method works on Sprint Tour?
    i thought for Sprint Tour, We need MSL password.
    08-22-09 12:50 PM
    so we can do this to have a different # shown up instead of our REAL #? i use Sprint Tour too.
    08-22-09 12:51 PM
    what number would we be changing? Is this the number to call our phone?
    08-22-09 02:35 PM
    This method works on Sprint Tour?
    i thought for Sprint Tour, We need MSL password.
    I know this is an old question but I've searched and still did not find an answer.

I just bought a unlocked Sprint Tour 9630 to use with T-Mobile and almost everything works okay except I don't know how to change the existing phone # embedded on the phone. Typing ##000000 or ##111111 or any ##xxxxxx brings up the Invalid Password prompt. Do it several times and the phone will reboot. I did this on my Storm 9530 and it works fine but not on this Sprint Tour.

So what is "MSL password" and how do I get it?

The old number only shows up when you make a call and it says "My Number: xxx xxx xxx" and not my real #. Caller ID on the receiving end will have my correct #.

So how do you change the embedded # on a Sprint Tour?
    12-29-09 01:02 PM
    I got my MSL password form bestbuy when they were setting up the phone. They had a printout they were using to work off of and when they set it down i copied the numbers into my old phone for future use. I just type in ##(then password) send. So maybe you go go to where you got your phone and try to talk someone into giving it up.
    I know there are also other methods to get your unlock code that I used when I had my Instinct. Not sure if these would work for the BlackBerry's. Just google how to find your MSL.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/msl-...d-needed-64427
    Last edited by SilverDragn; 12-29-09 at 01:57 PM.
    12-29-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD