First off just wanted to say hi, just bought my first ever blackberry (tour) a couple days ago and love it. My wife got one for work and I fell in love with it and needed to get one. She has the Curve 8530??? (not sure on model the second one.) Anyway I was wondering if there was anyway to set my read text message how the curve display them. With blue and white bars, and it groups them all to the same person instead of by most recent. I would to go to my messages and just have them group all by person with the ongoing conversation like the cure, does where as my tour just puts last sent/received at top. Any ideas???

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
    02-10-10 06:02 PM
    You are looking for Threaded SMS. To have Threaded SMS you need to upgrade your OS (Operating System). This can be a tricky procedure for a newbie.

What carrier and OS are you running on your Tour?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 06:05 PM
    You need to upgrade to OS 5.0, which VZW hasn't released yet. You can install the Sprint version that just came out, it takes a few extra steps which should be outlined somewhere in this forum if you hit the search button.
    02-10-10 07:02 PM
    Ok thank you both,
    I am running Verizon and is this my OS v4.7.1.40????

IS it safe and fine to update from a sprint release even though I have verizon?
    02-11-10 11:34 AM
    BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

This is a great place to start and has alot of help in upgrading OS's from other carriers.

tools like BBSAK (version 1.7 - google it) add alot of flexibility and convenience to everything.
    02-11-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD