one says messages but i dont think thats for texting cuz none of them go there so how do i change or put the icons or whatever i want on the mian screen

sorry ima super big nooob this my first bb
    07-21-09 06:04 PM
    its mine too, theres an option to merge the SMS folder into the normal message folder, and when you hit the blackberry button from the main screen and you get the menu, the top row of icons is what is on your main screen so just move them around and put whatever you want on your main screen put into the top row
    07-21-09 06:09 PM
    From the home screen, press Menu, highlight the icon you want on the Home screen, Menu, select Move. Scroll to one of the first 5 icon positions at the top row, click the trackball. Repeat, till you have the 5 icons you want on your Home screen as your five icons in icon view.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 06:09 PM
    I would love to know the answer to this.
    07-21-09 06:10 PM
    this is confusing ha one sec, let me bring blackberry by the computer screen, sorry its my first blackberry

but your saying i can merge me sms with messages? would that be best? cuz i dont and wont use this phone for mail
    07-21-09 06:14 PM
    there is an option, idr which folder it is in either the SMS folder or the messages folder, but it allows you for more items on your home screen, so its entirely your option
    07-21-09 06:15 PM
    but im not used to texts as sms, lol on any other phone they have just in floder just messages or messaging lol
    07-21-09 06:19 PM
    To separate email and SMS messages:

From Messages, Menu, Options, General Options, Separate Email and SMS = Yes. Save.

This will give you a separate SMS icon to use for reading/composing SMS texts.

07-21-09 06:19 PM
    idk but i dont see General Options once im in my options menu
    i hope my phones not messed up this first black berry i cant find some of setting like trackball n brittnes plz help and can i use a website known as Mxyertones on my blackberry tour? is it safe?
    07-21-09 06:35 PM
    You have to open your Messages icon first. Then press Menu, Options, General Options.

07-21-09 06:38 PM
    wait what? i just found out that mxyertone does cost at somepiont? but so how do get y sms texting icon to main menu sorry lol
    07-21-09 06:48 PM
    Reread the previous posts please.

07-21-09 06:52 PM
    oh **** yeah my bad, is mxyertone free? im trying to figure out? cuz i wanna make ringtones for this phone, you can upload your own song & everything

one more thing when im in a text message
    07-21-09 06:55 PM
    Any way to get more than 6 icons on the home screen?

Sure a painting of the Rocky Mountains is great and all...but I'd like to put that real estate to work
    07-21-09 07:04 PM
    wait how can i merge the messages and sms together? can someone help me out with the mixertone deal?
    07-21-09 07:15 PM
    BUMP* help please lol'
    07-21-09 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD