With the Bolt browser, you can set image quality, and also video qaulity from low, to medium, to high.

Im wondering, when I use the native blackberry browser, and Im on youtube for example, is there a way to set the video setting to play higher quality. Everytime I watch a video, its looks pretty grainy. Any way to up the resolution?
    09-09-09 08:38 AM
    And btw, I did a search, still found nothing...
    09-09-09 08:38 AM
    you can't make them better. on a bb tour youtube vids are pretty crappy, but keep in mind we have it better than curve owners. their youtube vids are the size of a quarter.
    09-09-09 08:57 AM
    Hold the phone close enough to touch your nose... works for me.
    09-09-09 08:58 AM
    you can't make them better. on a bb tour youtube vids are pretty crappy, but keep in mind we have it better than curve owners. their youtube vids are the size of a quarter.
    thats too bad. I can watch youtube videos on Bolt browser, I have video set to high quality. But I dont care for the way Bolt renders videos, not to mention its not full screen.

Well I suppose its no biggie. I use youtube a lot to browse when Im bored, would have been nice to have a way to render in higher quality. But like you said, at least videos take up the whole screen, not just a small portion of it.
    09-09-09 08:59 AM
    If you want high quality youtube metacafe etc, go to Vuclip web video search vuclip is pretty good, if you want a specific video, look it up first and then type in the name on the site. You have to use your naitive BB browser, though.

And if you are on an older Blackberry, you can watch these videos in full-screen. Just make sure after it loads that you click Hi-res.

WCM
    09-09-09 09:09 AM
    I know what you mean. I started a thread similar to this issue. I was told to use Vision youtube player but I can't get it to work on my tour.
    09-09-09 09:11 AM
    I know what you mean. I started a thread similar to this issue. I was told to use Vision youtube player but I can't get it to work on my tour.
    So vision is supposed to make videos more crisp? Yeah I saw your thread, and thats what made me ask my question.
    09-09-09 09:13 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/yo...b-tour-294710/ have a look at my posts in this thread. Its a bit of a work around, but you can get some sharp looking videos out of it.
    09-09-09 09:13 AM
    Cool, thanks Shao!
    09-09-09 09:16 AM
    some videos show up pretty good, then some are so crappy that you cant even see the picture hardly at all. Its just youtube, they always have been pretty crappy when it comes to blackberrys
    09-09-09 09:19 AM
    Ya its just how youtube is on mobile phones like the blackberry and there isn't anything you can do to make it better
    Sucks but what can you do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 09:33 AM
    And like I said. Vuclip redoes the videos and they come out pretty damn crisp and you can save them onto your chip, too.

WCM
    09-09-09 09:34 AM
    Tell the people who shot the videos to make them better quality. Even though our phone shows them lower quality lets be honest quite a few youtube vids are horrible quality even on your pc.
    09-09-09 11:26 AM
    I have used VuClip too. It's a very functional and useful resource site for BB friendly videos. As the previous poster mentions above, VuClip has a large library of video clips (not as vast as Youtube) that are, imo, much better in video quality than streaming Youtube video. It also allows you to stream regular video/HQ video. The really neat thing, to reinforce what was stated above, is that VuClip allows you to save the clips to your media card for future viewing. Very nice.

Check it out.
    09-09-09 11:34 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/yo...b-tour-294710/ have a look at my posts in this thread. Its a bit of a work around, but you can get some sharp looking videos out of it.
    Definitely check out Shao128's method. I've been using it and it's nice to be able to save the YouTube videos I like to my memory card (in hi-res format.)

09-09-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD