Hello, I recently got a Storm 2 9550 (from Verizon) and I like it except for the battery time which is pretty bad. I'm wondering if I would gain anything in the battery department by switching from S2 to the Tour (I'm still within my 30 days)?

Thanks
    12-14-09 01:02 PM
    My tour typically lasts for the entire day, and i use it throughout the day quite a bit (texting, bbm, ubertwitter, facebook, checking the weather, etc.).. on somedays it has quite a bit of power left before i plug it in (around 40%), although i wouldn't trust it would ever last more than a day and a half... hope that helps, i dont know what the storm2 battery is like at all for much of a comparison.

One other thing, when I originally got my tour, the batter didnt last long at all.. but as i had it for a while, the battery seemed to get better and better, like it had to be worked in or something.. so you may want to give it a little time and see how it is for you then...
    12-14-09 02:05 PM
    Couple of things. I had both devices and when both have optimum batteries, these two are very comparable. For my usage, i would end up with about 75% of battery left after 15 hours more of less.
    I remember when i got my first storm2 that it was defective so after an exchange the battery worked flawlessly.

Now, it is true that the battery gets better after a week or so of usage and then you can see if the device is good. Follow your instinct and know that if you think most comsumers wouldn't be able to use the phone on the battery life you're getting, then there must be something wrong with your device.
    12-14-09 02:11 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I think now I'll stick it out with the Storm 2 and see if the battery life improves over time. I did read up on some of the tweaks such as shutting of WiFi and turning off GPS which I implemented. I could always look into an extended battery if I need to.
    12-14-09 02:41 PM
    I have the tour and my battery has seemed to get better as well, could just be that I've gotten better. This last weekend I woke up around 10 on saturday morning and didn't charge it until 11 sunday night and had 25% still. That included text, talk, web, weatherbug, facebook, google maps, etc...also it was a rather inebriated saturday night that ended at 530 sunday morning. I was very pleases and surprised with the battery. Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD