i was in Options/Advanced options/Host routing table i clicked register now i have 2 message icons on my home screen and no messages. any body know what to do thanks in advance
    05-17-10 03:24 PM
    Go in to the folder that just says messages. You may have hidden it if you go into each individual email account by clicking its icon. It's most likely a registration email from your carrier letting you know that your device has been registered to the network. To "unhide" the icon click the menu button ->show all. All of your icons, hidden and unhidden, should now appear.
    05-17-10 04:27 PM
    Go into your "messages" application (envelope-looking icon) and scroll up until you have selected today's DATE not any particular message. Once today's date is selected, hit the BB button and click in on "Mark Prior Read." Hopefully that could get rid of the annoying notification icons at the top there. If not, try a battery pull. If neither work, check back in here on CB and keep us posted.

Good luck!
    05-17-10 05:30 PM
    Go into your "messages" application (envelope-looking icon) and scroll up until you have selected today's DATE not any particular message. Once today's date is selected, hit the BB button and click in on "Mark Prior Read." Hopefully that could get rid of the annoying notification icons at the top there. If not, try a battery pull. If neither work, check back in here on CB and keep us posted.

Good luck!
    What I did was:

1. Go to Messages/SMS-MMS Inbox. Options --> General Options.
    2. SMS and Email Inboxes --> Combined.
    3. Go back to Messages (let it rebuild the Message list)
    4. Press "U" on the keypad and it should go to the oldest (or newest) unread message. Keep doing that until all unread messages are opened.
    5. Repeat #1. For #2, choose Separate (unless you want it combined).
    6. Voila! Unread Icon gone! =)
    05-17-10 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD