So I guess after a week of owning my tour I just now noticed that when I gently press on the screen I get a ripple. Is this normal? And can it harm my new BB? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 11:09 PM
    I'll be nice..

you are fine.

A LOT Of people have the ripple. It wont do anything to the screen. Its just a minor defect. NOthing to worry about.
    09-09-09 11:11 PM
    I haven't personally noticed this on my phone, but there are posts out there from folks that have seen some of these quirks...
    09-09-09 11:12 PM
    I see it only when I press on the screen which is common with any LCD screen so its all right.
    09-09-09 11:13 PM
    Yea it won't affect your device! Is minor lil defect, if it really bothers you can always change it, but is really minor!
    09-09-09 11:13 PM
    wow have we completely ignored the "just received my green dot tour" thread???

take the phone back. sure the screen just ripples now, imagine what it could do later? it could be fiine, but it could get worse...
    09-09-09 11:17 PM
    the real question is why are you pushing on the screen? do you gently press your computer screen?
    09-09-09 11:29 PM
    the real question is why are you pushing on the screen? do you gently press your computer screen?
    This ^ ... why are you pushing your screen when it is not a touch screen?

Screen ripple is normal and you will find that nearly 96% of the new blackberry's have some form of ripple. Some have it worse than others where the screen ripples when they press call or end, some ripple if you press the mute, volume key etc...

The LCD is super close to the lens and that is why as soon as any pressure is put on the surface, it reflects in the screen.
    09-09-09 11:31 PM
    Good god Ive been signed up with crackberry less then 2 weeks and Im already tired of ripple threads.
    09-09-09 11:40 PM
    Lol that's kinda funny.. I guess it was a dumb question. Thanks anyway all who answered

09-09-09 11:42 PM
    Lol that's kinda funny.. I guess it was a dumb question. Thanks anyway all who answered

Not a dumb question at all, LOTS of people have asked similar questions. If I hadnt lurked around these forums so much I would have asked at some point myself as well, or searched for the answerr.
    09-09-09 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD