BlackBerry has any problems!
    01-25-10 02:48 AM
    who have this problem?
    01-28-10 07:53 AM
    no one answers?
    01-29-10 08:39 AM
    I got a replacement Tour yesterday that has this loud hissing noise! Drives me nuts! My first Tour did not have this noise. I'm debating if I want to call Verizon about it or not or just deal with it?.... trying to figure out where its coming from?..
    02-04-10 07:40 AM
    the last tour have this problem! comes from the screen when backlit!
    02-04-10 07:58 AM
    the last tour have this problem! comes from the screen when backlit!
    yeah I just noticed that, only when the screen is lit. wonder why some of them make that noise and some dont?
    02-04-10 10:06 AM
    only the last make noise!
    02-04-10 10:51 AM
    only the last make noise!
    what?
    02-04-10 11:25 AM
    write from Italy! I do not use a language perfect! the last tour produce this noise from the screen! Mine has this problem
    02-04-10 11:40 AM
    tour last year had problems with trackball! now have noise from the screen!
    02-05-10 08:10 AM
    I thought I could deal with the hissing, but I couldnt take it anymore as it gave me a headache. I called Verizon yesterday to once again replace it, so there overnighting one today to my house.

I also noticed with the hissing sound, if I put the phone up to my left ear, I do not hear the hissing. If I put it up to my right ear, I hear the hissing very load!
    02-05-10 08:11 AM
    your 2 new tours have this noise?
    02-05-10 08:22 AM
    your 2 new tours have this noise?
    the first 1 was great. No noise. The second refurb I got made the noise pretty bad, bad enough for me to get a replacement that will be here today sometime.
    02-05-10 08:54 AM
    as soon as you arrive, if you write this noise!
    02-05-10 09:00 AM
    as soon as you arrive, if you write this noise!
    i just got the replacement an hour ago. The hissing sound is NOT there on this new one!
    02-05-10 01:22 PM
    build date?
    02-05-10 01:45 PM
    It looks like a lot of you guys are talking about a high-pitched noise coming from the screen when the backlight is on...

On every Tour I've owned, the speaker emits a white noise/hissing sound when an alert comes in...even if the phone is on silent, when an alert comes in, the speaker will emit a light hiss noise. This also happens when turning on speakerphone, but mostly only when an audible alert chimes...it crackles for a bit...even when on silent.
    Hopefully the Tour 2 will not do this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 02:42 PM
    It looks like a lot of you guys are talking about a high-pitched noise coming from the screen when the backlight is on...

On every Tour I've owned, the speaker emits a white noise/hissing sound when an alert comes in...even if the phone is on silent, when an alert comes in, the speaker will emit a light hiss noise. This also happens when turning on speakerphone, but mostly only when an audible alert chimes...it crackles for a bit...even when on silent.
    Hopefully the Tour 2 will not do this.

no, what the Hissing sound is, is when your making a phone call. The ear piece makes a load hissing sound in a call constant until the backlight goes off. I have only had 1 Tour do that, but I replaced the 1 that made the noise right away and got the replacement that doesnt do that. Its load enough where it will give you a headache if your on the phone for more then 5 minutes
    02-05-10 02:45 PM
    each tour is different!
    02-05-10 04:21 PM
    I experience this noise regardless or whether the screen is off or on. The noise I am referring to is coming from the speaker, not the screen. Every alert follows with a hiss/crackling. Sometimes I know there is an alert coming in before the phone rings/vibrates, as I hear the hissing from the speaker prior to the alert sounding. The screen is always off when this happens. Also, when in silent, or even vibrate, the speaker still activates and hisses-even though no alert is sounding.

no, what the Hissing sound is, is when your making a phone call. The ear piece makes a load hissing sound in a call constant until the backlight goes off. I have only had 1 Tour do that, but I replaced the 1 that made the noise right away and got the replacement that doesnt do that. Its load enough where it will give you a headache if your on the phone for more then 5 minutes
    02-05-10 06:37 PM
    My only makes noise when the screen is on! but I can stand this noise is not very sharp!
    02-06-10 03:21 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD