Ok so I installed the yahoo messenger from the apps on my tour...its ok...but now I seem to be getting "spam"...or at thats what I call it...but I've gotten a few messages from people I do not know and its all the symbols and stuff and you can't figure it out...thats why I call it spam. I don't see any settings to control who can contact me or what...I don't see anything in my yahoo on the computer either...I was gonna uninstall it and install it from the computer...but I wanted to get your opinions first on whats going on n all...Can anyone help me please?
    05-03-10 05:40 PM
    I use to get invites from people whom I don't know, I just either delete them or ignore them but I have not gotten any messages like what you are talking about. When you press your BB menu while you are in yahooIM, scroll down and you will see "Options" click on that and it will open up the options window. Scroll down and you should see "Miscellaneous" and in there it says "Ignore Messages From Users Not In Contact List" choose "yes" and hopefully that will stop any unwanted messages from users that are not in your contact list. I did not see any other options when I logged in my computer about YahooIM, hopefully somebody will chime in here. Hope this helps.
    05-03-10 09:01 PM
    Thank you so much...I changed it on my BB and on my computer as well...just really sucks that there are people that do that crap...Thanks again...
    05-04-10 09:27 AM
    Not a problem. Hope that will take care of your issue. I know, unfortunately we have bad apples. How did you change it on your computer? I logged in my Yahoo e-mail and it is integrated there but I don't see any options. I'm thinking I have to download the app for my computer but not a big deal.
    Have a nice day.
    05-04-10 07:04 PM
    Not a problem. Hope that will take care of your issue. I know, unfortunately we have bad apples. How did you change it on your computer? I logged in my Yahoo e-mail and it is integrated there but I don't see any options. I'm thinking I have to download the app for my computer but not a big deal.
    Have a nice day.
    You can get the PC version here.
    05-04-10 09:22 PM
    Thanks lak611 for that link. Appreciate it :-)
    05-05-10 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD