And how can i get rid of it? When I open App world and go to my world, there is an icon embedded there, looks like a voice mail icon. I checked and have no updates to be installed and have been trying to get rid of it for a week. Anyone? Thanks!
    12-22-09 05:23 PM
    You check your messages folder?
    12-22-09 05:26 PM
    Yes. I have tried evrything I can think of and it will not go away
    12-22-09 09:18 PM
    Yes. I have tried evrything I can think of and it will not go away
    Have you tried a battery pull? And you are sure you checked MESSAGES folder for the AppWorld update?
    12-22-09 10:33 PM
    it could be a voicemail or a sms text message or possibly an upgrade to somthing you downloaded (etc. pandora has upgrade's and the phone will have an icon)
    12-22-09 10:36 PM
    Can you take a screenshot?
    12-22-09 11:35 PM
    It could be the OTA upgrade. I had that pushed to my phone, and the notification looked like the app world icon, but it had nothing to do with app world and there was no messages in my folders. Went to options-advanced-ota and viola, it already found that I could upgrade to the latest software.

Verizon started pushing 4.7.xx.61 last week (could be wrong on the os number)
    12-23-09 12:52 AM
    [QU

OTE=D2VW14_20;4361026]Can you take a screenshot?[/QUOTE]

I could provide a screenshot if I can figure out how to

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 07:59 AM
    Capture It: http://m.thetechmogul.com
    This is a program that will let you take a screen shot. Once you have installed it there will be an option in the BB menu. The phone will take a picture of your screen at that time and save in your picture folder.
    12-24-09 09:01 AM
    utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZTExXzM3XzQzLmpwZw.jpg picture by Jimmieray101 - Photobucket

12-24-09 12:32 PM
    Screenshot posted. So how can I get rid of the VM indicator in my world? Thanks!

12-24-09 12:35 PM
    I think youposted the wrong image. All I see is your App World screen showing Bloomberg Mobile App.
    12-24-09 12:38 PM
    I think youposted the wrong image. All I see is your App World screen showing Bloomberg Mobile App.
    Noi. If you scroll down you will see in my world the VM indicator

12-24-09 12:56 PM
    I must have missed it too...

12-24-09 02:57 PM
    This is all that there is. Where are we supposed to scroll to?

12-24-09 03:05 PM
    You're screen shot doesn't show any kind of an indicator. Are you talking about the last icon on the right? It has a person with the BB symbol? I think that is the normal icon....
    12-24-09 03:08 PM
    Voice mail icon looks like this o_o
    12-24-09 03:11 PM
    You're screen shot doesn't show any kind of an indicator. Are you talking about the last icon on the right? It has a person with the BB symbol? I think that is the normal icon....
    Yes the icon on the right, my world with the little chess piece embedded over the bb icon. It was never there be4 and it just bugs me and I want to get rid of it. I thought abought deleting app world, but would all my apps be deleted too? Thanks.
    12-24-09 03:40 PM
    That's just the normal "my world" icon. I don't think it's a new indicator...
    12-24-09 05:01 PM
    That's just the normal "my world" icon. I don't think it's a new indicator...
    If you say so as I am new to this phone. I just don't recall it being there before

12-24-09 05:06 PM
    Yup. Mine looks the same. If I'm wrong, someone will correct us.
    12-24-09 05:07 PM
    That's not a "new message" symbol. New message symbols look like red asterisks. That is a "blackberry" logo... Nothing to be concerned about. Totally normal.

12-24-09 05:23 PM
    That's not a "new message" symbol. New message symbols look like red asterisks. That is a "blackberry" logo... Nothing to be concerned about. Totally normal.

Thanks. I feel better now. Just a bit finatical about this phone.
    12-24-09 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD