OK, i probably did what some people would consider stupid....but i have no phone now so i need help. I did a battery pull to reboot my tour and WHILE IT WAS REBOOTING, I PLUGGED THE CHARGER IN. Now, its in this infinate loop of restarting the reboot process. I get the solid red light, then the hourglass icon spinning for a few seconds, then the blackberry with the progress bar....after about 10 seconds of this last screen, the screen goes white with some type of error log (which i cant read becuase it lasts for about a half second) then goes back to the solid red light and repeats the process.....

i have OS 5.0.

Thanks,
    04-19-10 11:10 AM
    Um just a question, have you done another battery pull?
    04-19-10 11:16 AM
    yep, that was the first thing i did....actually did it a couple of times. Same exact result.....infinate loop.......
    04-19-10 11:38 AM
    Hmm your phone may be borked.
    04-19-10 11:45 AM
    Borked Ok, so now what. I am thinking of taking it back to the verizon store for them to look at it but i would rather figure something out and fix it myself.
    04-19-10 11:49 AM
    LOL....Just looked up borked.......yes, i did do something to F' it up, not denying that.
    04-19-10 11:53 AM
    reload the os, thats the only fix i could think of and has worked for me
    04-19-10 11:54 AM
    reload the os, thats the only fix i could think of and has worked for me
    OK......how do i do this. Using my laptop.....with or with out battery in. Will the laptop recognize the phone without the battery??
    04-19-10 12:42 PM
    Install your prefered OS to your laptop, with any previous OS uninstalled. Then go here C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Delete the vendor.xml file if you are not using your own carriers OS. Then launch apploader, connect the phone to your laptop while the LED is red, and apploader will recognize the phone as pin: UNKNOWN. Then click next and you're on your way.
    04-19-10 01:30 PM
    if that doesn't work take the phone to a store they will probably have to call and get you one if they don't have one.
    04-20-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD